650 horsepower from the factory

-
Just read it today,Who would have thought we would ever see power like this?

Just read it today,Who would have thought we would ever see power like this?

I was prepared to do nitrous on my 350 hp 360 magnum Dart to keep up with Detroits best but now I have decided that i'm outclassed..........

I am in the same boat.My Magnum build similar to yours.The one thing we have going is those Shelbies weigh between 4000 and 4200 lbs.

I posted a link from Autoblog about that Mustang on another website. That's pretty awesome.
Bone stock from the factory. 650HP/600Ft/lbs, 200 mph, and a factory warranty, too boot. I'm loving this, but you can bet there some tree hugger somewhere that's gonna think differently. I imagine the insurance companies will, too. lol

My latest Car and Driver says this car hits 200 mph +.

F'N awesome. If you think that is too fast to sell to the public go buy yourself a Prius.

That's gotta be an expensive mustang not for the average guy with those kind of numbers and top speed.
Curious what the price tag will be.

My dad graduated from high school in 1968 and bought a 1968 volkswagon for $1968 and then replaced it with a 70 Chevelle Malibu in 1970. He said he was looking at a new Mach 1 but figured the Chevelle was the right choice to start a family. I could not believe that he had the chance to buy an LS6 Chevelle or better (Hemi) and didn't and wished that I grew up in the true musclecar era. Now we have opportunity to buy V6's that are that fast and cars that are at unimaginable horsepower if we can make the payments. I "rented" a 2011 RT Challenger (leased) 6 speed for $400 a month this summer but would never have imagined that 650 HP and 12 sec 1/4 miles and 200 mph cars would be available in my lifetime. I can't afford this new Mustang but am glad that it is possible in my lifetime. Some day maybe I can buy one used if gas goes through the roof like the old musclecar days.

Eh, they cheated. Just like Chebbie's big HP vette; it's using a blower. NOS, Turbo, centrifugal or belt driven it's still a power adder. The fact it has a warranty, I'm sure with plenty of caveats to get them out, is outstanding. Put any one of the afore mentioned power adders on your ride and see what you get. Fair is fair. Squeeze for squeeze, pound for pound, boost for boost we are still "muscle cars" and are, where we are on the food chain for a reason. Besides, How many do you think you'll ever see on the road?? Much less that'll want to play knowing what we are capable of. :evil:

I agree but I am still so happy they can still do this in our current society. Completely socially unacceptable but still it happens. Awesome!

My son has a 11 Shelby with 550 HP. Awesome car and it corners well. He's trying to talk me into getting the 13 for myself. I'm not sure that I want to spend that much money right now.

I was prepared to do nitrous on my 350 hp 360 magnum Dart to keep up with Detroits best but now I have decided that i'm outclassed..........

BUT ,your car doesnt cost over a hundred dollars per horse. If you put 65,000 into your car it would probably have just as much power

BUT ,your car doesnt cost over a hundred dollars per horse. If you put 65,000 into your car it would probably have just as much power

More like 15,000$ into Ur ride it would have 600+ horses......

I only gotta say three things about the stang......... I hate ford

More like 15,000$ into Ur ride it would have 600+ horses......

I only gotta say three things about the stang......... I hate ford

Yeah, but you gotta give them credit for beating the pants off of the Camaro and Challenger.

mustang by far is and has been ahead of the game. good for ford, im happy for them....

I have a good friend that works at a Ford dealership. He said that many people trade in their Shelbys because they are simply too much car.

-
Back