[SOLD] 66 barracuda 440

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still long way to go, complete custom dash with switches all new auto meter pro comp gauges, new flooring and dyna mat stain by fuel cap is just spilled gas not body work, in case you were wondering

Attachments

• image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 320
bump glws she is gonna make somebody a very nice car. 7200 is not bad considering the low miles on the engine & trans, discs on all 4's.

The price will go up if I sell. With all I continue to do. Hell maybe I will just finish and keep it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 297
I think you should just finish it up and keep it, it's your creation so only you will enjoy the hell out of it once it's done!:burnout:

I think $7200 to $7500 is good for all that's been done and the extra ton of new parts still to be put in or on. So yes I am still going to sell for now! I would go less just wouldn't get some parts. Say $6500

Attachments

• image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 273
As you can see by photos a lot have been done from ground up front suspension, rear suspension, gas tank, elec fuel pump, all that's left is interior. I have two new custom high back bucket seats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 270
You've owned this car for so long that it probably smells just like you!:iconbigg:....I still say to keep it, paint it, put some chrome bumpers on it and enjoy the hell out of it, it's your creation!!:thumbup:

I would and I know that but since disabled and can't do a whole anymore. My brother did all the big stuff. I thought I would sell to get a driver and get my daughter some college money since she started this year. Thanks for advise though. It's tough to sell after all the money and time and not even finish but after 5 broken vertebrae & 5 operations there are things I can't do anymore.. Bob

I can relate to that. I am in the same position. Disabled, money's run out. Cannot finish my Hemi. Getting total bullshit offers on it. I feel like I am giving it away at 3500, but no one is biting even at that. Good luck buddy.

Any interest in the 440 it's got k black flat top pistons, forged internals, steel crank cast heads ported polished, bored.30 over I say but actually think its .40 over 850 miles since rebuild and 727 built to Match motor heavy clutches cheetah shift kit, engine was on dyno when built at 518 hp at 5000 rpm. I run it on 108 oct I figured since cant sell car I might go different direction. So maybe start with engine. Engine was roughly $5400 to go through Trans was $2400 so how about $4000 for engine or $4500 for engine and Trans.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 217
Hi
I looked at this car last fall near Gettysburg

I would have bought it if a 68 fastback in State College hadn't come along

I am glad you got rid of the pro stock hood scoop

I planned on leaving it primer black and putting shark teeth on the fenders like a WWII fighter plane

It also needed a roll cage

I am still interested since I have a 2nd and 3rd generation Cudas. I need a first gen Cuda

Dan

Then you know what it looked like and the price he was asking for it plus the $5400 in new parts alone. You can estimate what I am loosing

8.75 big yokes 3-23 highway gears need 3-91s but I tore it down went through it all new gasket gears cleaned yes posi or some call sure grip

New alum dash arrived, all new auto meter pro comp gauges and the painless pro street 12 circuit wiring harness fuse block and dash mount control panel. I know times are tuff I am just surprised no offers on a completely gone over from ground up high horse power Cuda that will just need rear quarter patch right at wheel archs the rest is rust free good sanding and paint and small stuff here and there.Also carpet ordered. Thanks FABO
Here is another $1600 in New parts

...at this point, you're probably better off keeping/finishing it...the more parts you buy, the more you'll lose trying to sell to a very picky public. I think it's a cool car, but early A's are a niche market, and from what I can see, no one wants to give real money for one unless its a finished Formula.

These are only my observations, so take them with a grain of salt, but fixed rust spots and single color topcoat and complete decent interior would probably go a long way toward selling it...but that also involves added cost :(

GLWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back