66 Barracuda emblems ????

-

jlstepp

Reaction score
I got my 66 back in Dec and its my first a-body,I had a 73 years ago.Did all 66's have the fish emblem on the grill and rear window trim,or just the S models?Mine has fender and interior emblems but no others.Also my fish has no side marker lights front or rear. Any info would be a great help.Thanks in advance.

My '66 (not a S model) Barracuda has the fish ft. and rear. Top of front fender directional lights and side F & R side running lights. From the factory.

My '66 (not a S model) Barracuda has the fish ft. and rear. Top of front fender directional lights and side F & R side running lights. From the factory.

id likee to see a pic of the side lites. never seen any before.

Here is one.

a1.jpg

That's a '64 or '65 & doesn't have the lights on the side. I don't think the side marker lights were required by law until the 68 model year so any such lights on earlier models were probably an optional extra. Every '66 I've ever seen has had the fish emblem on front & rear, but I don't think I've ever seen one with the side marker lights. Hope somebody can find a pic to post.

My 66 doesnt have a fish emblem anywhere and I decoded the vin and its a Cuda.Any ideas as to way it seems to have some Valiant trim???Car doesnt show any signs of being repaired or replaced.Thanks

What does it have in the center of the rear window trim? 64 & 65 normally have a Valiant emblem there & a 66 should have the fish. If you have the Valiant emblem it's possible the piece was switched for some reason. Or, maybe you have a very early production 66 & it was built with leftover 65 trim in back?

Don't know what's going on at the front.

The grill and rear trim have the Valiant emblems.All numbers match on body,card,and build sheet.Im stumped !!!!!

Could the car have been wrecked up front and been repaired with earlier parts?

Up front you might have a regular Valiant grille. I'm pretty sure the entire assembly would interchange. Maybe some of the guys who assembled the car at the factory had hangovers? Or, a wreck could account for it. Take a really close look at the front for signs of repairs. Maybe you could post a pic of the front? We could tell if it's a Valiant grille then.

That doesn't account for the rear trim being different. Still wondering if it's an early buid date. Maybe it was built with 65 rear trim & a Valiant grille. Possibly the parts weren't available early in the production run? Just scratching my head & thinking with my fingers here.

My '66 may have had the side running lights added by the dealer. I bought it from the original owner Dr.s wife. She may have had them dealer installed. They are the Mopar 1"diameter type. Directional signal indicator lights on front top of fenders is factory, for sure on the '66 Barracuda.

Sorry,not able to post pic right now.Everything looks factory.Car was built in MI.Im on board with the hangover theory.

Found out that the car was delivered to the dealership in Gulfport MS. Oct.16 1965.Could have been put together with Valiant parts???Owners manual is a 1966 Valiant manual.Is it possible that this could have been one of the first off the production line??? Thanks to all for your input. John

Early 1966 Barracuda's don't have the fish emblem on the front or rear. Instead the rear has the V (just like the 64 and 65 models) and the front is a V also, but different from the 66 Valiant version. I have one from my early 66 that I have been holding onto for a while. These were only on the early 66 Barracuda's, nothing else. Here are a few pics.

bcudaemblem 002.JPG

bcudaemblem 003.JPG

-
Back