66 barracuda prostreet

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
1966 Barracuda Prostreet/cruise nite car/super charged/not NHRA leagal

Ive owned this car for over 27 years, it was and still is completely rust free.

340 X block,7.75 arias blower pistons, 671 dyers super charger,dual holly blower carbs,custom ground ultradyne solid lifter blower cam.

formula S 4 speed box with 3.09 1st gear,hyd center force clutch, 8 3/4 rear with back brace,

car is back halfed with a 4 link, and the wheel wells are uncut!

recent rebuilt center section with all new guts,clutch type sure grip, new 391 motive gears.

custom modified K frame, coil over suspension and mustang rack and pinion, K frame was modified way before any one offered front end kits for mopars

1976 dart front brake set up.tublar upper control arms,rear brakes are 11x 2 1/2 C body drum, manual brakes stops great,,

the entire fuel system has just been freshened up,,carbs rebuilt,new mech fuel pump,new filters,new fuel cell.

wheels are era correct custom made 2 years ago. custom auto meter dash, 6 point cage.

33x21.5 hoosier radials in the back as well as radials up front.

many parts on this car are era correct and would be hard to find today,,paint is nothign special about 16 years old.

I had custom LED tail ites made to fit the barracuda housings which were recently rechromed, all chrome and stainless are in perfect conditon.

there are a ton of extra parts,encluding sheet metal that will go with this car if sold for my asking price,

or the parts will be sold after the car is sold,no extra parts will be sold before the car is sold,,

this car is super dependable and street driven, runs at 180 degrees down the interstate,, feel free to contact me me for more info or pictures.

priced to sell asking 21.500 no trades thanks car is located in S,E,PA

NEW LOW PRICE 18,500 no extra parts

dont know where your located,, im right where the PA/NJ turn pikes meet just below central nj and above s,nj... exit 6 nj turn pikes out side philadelphia pa

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD thanks for all your comments,,, now i have tons of parts to take pics of and see if any one is intrested,,,,,e mail me is faster then a PM if any one has intrest in my parts,,,,thanks again,,,

PS i bought a new 2013 plum crazy R./T classic challenger yesterday,,,

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD thanks for all your comments,,, now i have tons of parts to take pics of and see if any one is intrested,,,,,e mail me is faster then a PM if any one has intrest in my parts,,,,thanks again,,,

PS i bought a new 2013 plum crazy R./T classic challenger yesterday,,,

those are nice and congrats. :blob:

Almost feels like a death in the family.................Have not been active on the site in a while or I may have been tempted ........
This car was an inspiration to my meager build.

Almost feels like a death in the family.................Have not been active on the site in a while or I may have been tempted ........
This car was an inspiration to my meager build.

thanks for the nice thoughts about my car,,,trust me wasant an easy thing to do 28 years i owned it pulled it out of a cotton field as a rust free shell in vicksburg mississippi,,thanks giving of 1984 or 85

muy work schedule gets in the way of maintaining the barracuda and driving it,,and state inspection in thsi state is a ball buster on stuff out of the hood,,

here is a pic of the classic package car i ended up with i originally went for a SRT 2011 green with envy but it had a few problems,,the dealer made me a offer i couldnt refuse it was rolling off the transporter as we talked,,,pic is still at dealer waiting for the black stripe to be changed to white,, pick it up thursday or sunday,,,thanks for asking

Attachments

• me before owner ship 3 13 13.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 393
  • 2013 RT with black stripe 2 miles on it.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 424
I will really miss this 66 Fish, one of my favs here ever since I joined FABO in 2006...hope it went to a good home :glasses7:

keith, thanks,, it went sorta where i wanted it to go,,,a place i wont see it on the street,,went to ky,,, i met the guy half way from here eastern pa him western ky,, we met in wheeling wv,,,

he buys and sells,, i had a lump in my throat when i seen it in writing on his truck,,,he said they will keeo it a while and fool around with it they like blower cars,,,i wish a real mopar guy would have been intrested,,had several trade offers on racing junk.com,,one guy trying to sell his kids fox stang to park my cuda next to his 67 notch 500 indy motor barracuda,,

i hated to sell was a hard thing to do owned it 28 years,,
puled it out of a cotton field as a rust free shell thanksgiving of 1984 or 85,,in vicksburg mississippi originally sold in arknsas,,,,my work schedule made it hard to maintain at the level a car like that needs,,and made it tought to drive and enjoy the car,,and state inspection here in pa isnt easy for a modified car,,

i had tons of fun with that car,, was in 2 magazines and i was asked to tow the hurst hemi under glass car to the starting line all day long at the englishtown mopar event back in 2001,,a car i looked up to when i ws a kidd,,and because of that i had become friends with bob riggle of the hemi under glass up untill he retired and sold off most of his barracudas,,, all things must come to an end,, now i have a car i can drive more often,,and looking to take it on the power tour if i can do it,,,i hope to still be welcome on this forum,,as i wont have an A body any longer,,,ive had an A body in my life since i was 15 years old 1974

i have no need for all the extra parts ive collected over the year,by going to swap meets saying,, i have that partmmbut this one may be in better condition,,since not much is reproduced for our cars,, so the pile had grown,and hopefully some oen will need what i have,,,

i see m y PM box over flowing,, please e mail me members e mail can be found by clicking on there screen name upper left corner of a posting,,,,,

What a great deal your car was (love the new wheels too), I have owned my Cuda since 86 too(not as long as some, but its a few days!) Always enjoyed seeing your posts, sig etc... Mine is a 65 blk/blk 340 4-speed as well ( NOT BLOWN OR TUBBED THOUGH!!!)

You will love the R/T Chally as well! I have a plum SRT stick. (I am slowly converting it to a R/T, lol. Want to go with white stripes (retro, but so bold & loud) post pics with the new stripes!

I'm sure you will always be welcomed on FABO!

Cheers (now go put a blower on the Chally!)

What a great deal your car was (love the new wheels too), I have owned my Cuda since 86 too(not as long as some, but its a few days!) Always enjoyed seeing your posts, sig etc... Mine is a 65 blk/blk 340 4-speed as well ( NOT BLOWN OR TUBBED THOUGH!!!)

You will love the R/T Chally as well! I have a plum SRT stick. (I am slowly converting it to a R/T, lol. Want to go with white stripes (retro, but so bold & loud) post pics with the new stripes!

I'm sure you will always be welcomed on FABO!

Cheers (now go put a blower on the Chally!)

thanks,, black /black 65 cuda?? my favorite year and color,,, i was wanting an SRT,, but this pcp R/T came my way so we will see how it goes,,who knows may trade it for an SRT NEXT YEAR LOL

Attachments

• picked up 3 14 13 001.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 311
this is the finest lil cuda i have ever seen. i hate to see you let her go but, best of luck.

someone is going to get one heck of a car !

thanks,, black /black 65 cuda?? my favorite year and color,,, i was wanting an SRT,, but this pcp R/T came my way so we will see how it goes,,who knows may trade it for an SRT NEXT YEAR LOL

fstfish66! Gonna miss your Barracuda! What a sweet ride! But over time the interest and style changes too. So good luck with your Challenger. Since you had so much fun with the Barracuda I'm pretty sure you will have tons of fun with the Challenger too!

:burnout:

Wow, you sold it Don....I'm sad to see it go....I know you were attached to it....Very nice chally though.....good luck with it.....Was actually thinking about taking the plunge myself on a SRT.....really are beautiful cars....I am hung up on the 2010 B5 blue ones myself....You will have to come up and see the coupe this year....bring the chally for closer inspection :)

paul thanks ,,,yes for sure i wanna see ur coupe,, im hoping to work on my coupe this year,,,some time maybe starting in april or june,,,got some house projects and a few things on my daily driver,,,truck,, i will for sure get up to see the coupe,, u have my e mail,, let me know how your work schedule is,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back