'66 Cuda instrument cluster LED upgrade

-

Hallwheelz

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wanting to change out my dim instrument cluster bulbs with some bright LED's. Would anyone know what type I would need? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks...Mike

Hi, I'm wanting to change out my dim instrument cluster bulbs with some bright LED's. Would anyone know what type I would need? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks...Mike

#1445 MINIATURE BULB BA9S BASE you can cross this over to many LED suppliers.....you will not have the use of your dimmer and it will have to be in the brightest position to work.

You can get an LED dimmer and mount it seperately.....just be sure to size it correctly to the # of LED bulbs you are installing :glasses7:

Rickster

I've found the Sylvania #2825 bulbs are much brighter than the stock #158. Those along with improving the ground path to those illumination sockets is a vast improvement and plenty bright enough for me.

I agree with RedFish. I used the 2825 bulbs in mine and before I put everything back together I used some 0000 steel wool to shine the contact on the board. Made a huge difference in the brightness. Now I just need to find why my speedo bulb blinks on me.

-
Back