66 Cuda

-
Cleaning off 50 years of built up grime...just one of the wire wheel styles and proof that I'm doing this..

Ahh, I see your secret to great progress now, you have Santas elves helping during their off season!! Smart move, I alway knew Santa was a Mopar man!!!😃

Bottom now totally sand blasted, fenders and doors stripped and about ready for primer. Have to wait a few weeks for painting, freaking ground hog lied, it's freaking winter up here in new england!

Attachments

• 100_1615.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 301
She's a little behind schedule but dang if long hours and sore back are still making me smile.
doors, trunk and fenders in primer and the shell is completely stripped. A gal. of aircraft stripper, couple of 36 and 80 grit 8" paper, a couple of 4" grinding wheel paint strippers, a few steel wire wheels....and she's a Delorean!

Attachments

• 100_1621.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 284
Project is looking great and quite a nice find for a car!

Your not too far from me being in Burrillville! I have to get into getting some work on mine done when I have time.

Project is looking great and quite a nice find for a car!

Your not too far from me being in Burrillville! I have to get into getting some work on mine done when I have time.
My garage is up across from Big Boys toys on 169. stop on up most evenings after 4 and weekends I'm there

Well, there you go, it is a 66 273, built on what could be the last day of production! Funny that the casting date is so early, and has the 67 and up casting code, but the assembly date is what it is, a 66 273 built on July 5th!! I'd like to see the certicard or build sheet to see the order date of the car, must be a late late build!!!

Hey COSGIG, the Broadcast sheet's SO# shows 713 as the potential build date, July 13th. With the 273 being build on July 5th, could this be one of the last 1966 Barracudas to come out of Hamtramck? What was the last day of production there?

WMCKUSICK, I'm not too far down I-395 from you. If you need anything let me know. :cheers:

I'm not too far down I-395 from you. If you need anything let me know. :cheers:

Oh boy! I'm about to epoxy primer the shell and starting to go through the pieces and parts to determine what state they are in. fix and refurbish or replace, the goal is to keep as much as I can since it's all original. I should have a weekend that anyone that wants to meet up and hang out at the garage and just shoot the stuff. Of course that's every weekend at this cave! Goal is spring to have her back together and running...only like 1 week behind right now.

Any source around us for things like seat refurbish (fronts, foam and covers) and parts specialty? Need to order up front suspension and bushings, body plugs, new engine components.

Thanks again and like I said...almost every weekend and most nights...the door is usually open and something is going on...this week it's kind of dusty but soon to be cleaned!

I went with PST (Performance Suspension Technology), usually on the back cover of Mopar Performance for the front end rebuild kit for my 66 Valiant wagon. Great customer service, great pricing and quick. I'd highly recommend them!

I went with PST (Performance Suspension Technology), usually on the back cover of Mopar Performance for the front end rebuild kit for my 66 Valiant wagon. Great customer service, great pricing and quick. I'd highly recommend them!

Same here. The polygraphite bushings are a little harder on the ride quality, but are better handling IMHO. Torsion bars & rear leafs I got from ESPO Springs & things, great people to deal with.

I don't know anyone who does seats but most shops could make the buns if needed. do a Google search for Auto Upholstery. Franks is on rte 32 in Franklin. there's another in New London.

The engine, bearings for the 273 shouldn't be an issue. If you need to bore it out and replace the pistons you will have to look around. everything else should not be an issue.

The engine, bearings for the 273 shouldn't be an issue. If you need to bore it out and replace the pistons you will have to look around. everything else should not be an issue.

Engine purred when pulled 87K on clock, engine guy says don't touch a thing...basically putting her back together...clean and factory fresh

Hey, the rear window trim and the front grill logo on your car. I'm guessing they are the "Fish" logo and not the Valiant "V" logos, correct?

As far as I can tell you have one of the last of the 1st gen,1966 Barracudas built.

Hey, the rear window trim and the front grill logo on your car. I'm guessing they are the "Fish" logo and not the Valiant "V" logos, correct?

As far as I can tell you have one of the last of the 1st gen,1966 Barracudas built.

correct and correct:cheers:
Thinking original owner had 4 barrel carter and commando valve covers and air cleaner installed at dealer as option (build sheet calls out 2 barrel. When we get her all back together we'll check on compression to see what she has for guts and glory

rear end cleaned and ready for paint, body still being worked on...had a bout of sickness and well just plain lost the drive for a couple of weeks. Latest pics... Hoping to have her off rotisserie by the end of next week with jambs and bottom side painted (really want to get going on assembling suspension too! wire wheeling leaf springs and they are coming out sweet and will post pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• primed left front.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 161
  • primed right front.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 128
  • primed top side.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 137
OM! I have been wrapped up with work that I totally forgot to post pics of at least the wire wheeled and ready for paint leaf springs..sorry followers! I have the drive and will to make things as nice as they can be before covering with paint...anal but should prove worth it. Next one might have to be a rat rod...just to burn rubber and have fun with it! Stay tuned, I will be making a better effort to post pics as things progress, it is spring right!

Making great progress! The bottom is now ready for factory over spray and the interior is in base coat (she's got COLOR!) I'll post interior tomorrow along with the bottom shots.:blob::D

Attachments

• 100_1718.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_1714.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_1717.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_1710.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_1751.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_1747.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_1732.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_1728.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_1726.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 90
Well she's got color! seam sealed joints. Final apoxy primer, then color, and clear.
100_1814.JPG
100_1836.JPG
100_1878.JPG
100_1882.JPG
100_1884.JPG

The worst part is staying away from caressing her...I so want to start putting things in, on, under her...but promised my painter that while he was gone for a few days I'd keep my hands off! And yes, I am talking about my car!

Why do I hate critters...this is why. Whenever I moved the hood, it sounded like screws rattling around, I figured there might be a not or two, not this freaking much and 3 hours to get it all out! Every time i thought I had it all, another little pocket would break free, hopfully I got it all so it can be stripped for painting. The tape is 3" and the board is 2X4X3'
100_1894.JPG

-
Back