66 Dart going to the track!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Well tonite I,m going to the track with the 66,just to see how she goes?65Vart is gonna meet me there,so I,ll pass the camera to him for some footage!Hope she doesn,t break?If I can get a low 14 I,ll be happy with that for my first runs.Wish me luck,I,ll post later tonight.

Good luck,can't wait to see some pics of your car in action

Well I just got home from the track,lots of fun!Was fairly hot out(high 80,s)but cooled off later in the evening.I got 7 runs in for $20,not bad.First runs were low 15,s,adj. timing ran 14.69 then 14.63 at 92.61mph.Not bad for $800 motor(77,360,.030 over)I met 65Vart(Walter)and his friend Mike took some video for me.Thanks Mike!All in all,I had a fun time,just glad to go out and give it a shot.Over the winter I,ll be doing some engine upgrades(heads)!LOL!!

Here,s a video of the Beast in Action!!LOL!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjJiUCT1C1U

I'll bet you had a great time. Great video. Your car looks good at the track.
Keep at it and you'll be in the 13's toolman

Very respectable Scott. Like Toolman says, you should be in the 13's no problem. You did nice job with that car in a short time.

I have chills running down my arms pettybludart :shaking2::happy7:=D>
That 66 sure does move and look good on the track =P~
You must be very happy with your early A bud:-D
You sure got her moving and on the track in record time.
That had to be a great day at the track and I fell like I was there with you :-D
Thank Mike for me to for the video :burnout:

I was a good night. Great to see the 66 get baptized. Scott has done a great job on his car and 14s the first time out with a lot of unknowns is great. Pretty sure this car has low 13s high 12s in it at some point,once PettyBlue gets her dialed in. Look out for a killer small block next season that's for sure.

Great night. Gotto get my 65 down there.

13's will be a walk in the park for you brother.

I done the same time as you in a 1480 kg car with a stock 318 with just
a stick in it,manifold an carb, went 14.5 at 93 mph
in a 4 spd an 3.23 rear.

Youl be hauling serious arse in no time ;)

My 72 340 Demon weighed 3500# w/ me in it, had an automatic and 3.23's. It ran 14.70's in good air (stock), using only 1st and 2nd (because of the 3.23's).
The BIGGEST improvement I found while looking to improve e.t. while it was stock, was valve spring pressure. It wouldn't rev high enough and after the shift would fall below the power curve. My buddy and I shimmed them up and the difference was amazing!
Your car has to be lighter, the power is probably similiar. I think you have a lot left in it.

-
Back