'66 Dart GT newbie

-

Jaspet

Reaction score
Hello all - I recently acquired a '66 Dart GT from my brother, whose love of Mopars has proven contagious. I also bought a '66 D200 Camper Special (Sweptline). Having fun with both, although the Dart is the only one on the road yet. LOVE DRIVING THE DART! I never want to own another new car again! No joke!:salut:

Welcome aboard! Post some pics of your car and truck, we love pics!!!! Here is my 66!

Picture 001.jpg

Welcome, You have come to the right site. There are many 66 Darts on here. I have had mine for 13 years now and love it... Show us some pics of it. Would love to check it out. Here is a pic of mine

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I'll take some pics and post them asap (hopefully later today).

Neither my Dart nor my truck are as far along as yours - you've got some beautiful cars there. Something about the lines of the '65 Cuda makes me drool... Thanks again guys - I look forward to interacting more on the site - happy to have found you! :happy9:

'66 Dart GT /6 auto (daily driver)
'66 D200 Camper Special 318 poly 4 speed (project)

I didn't get a chance to take pics of the DART today (work got in the way), but I'll do so tomorrow and post pics of it and the truck. I have an old photo of the truck (still looks the same) but am afraid that posting a picture of my truck here without a pic of my A-body would be sacrilegious, so I'll hold off on posting it until I get my DART pic alongside, thus hopefully not offending the A-body gods... :angel10: I'm all about giving respect where it's due! :notworth:

Welcome Jasper!!
This is a great site and you will fit in nicely.
Looking forward to your projects and your builds.
Jump on in and enjoy.
Here is a 66 I missed out on last year, It sold fast!!

66 0022.jpg

66 0033.jpg

Sorry it took me so long - finally got pics of my Dart... and I'll throw in one of my D200 as well... both are '66 Mopar material...:thumbup:

Dart GT.jpg

D200.jpg

Welcome aboard Jaspet. That's a clean looking 66 you have there.

Thanks - I enjoyed looking at your Valiant restoration page you have going - your shop space, rotisserie and such are objects of envy! Someday... (sigh)...

The Dart is pretty straight - some body work in order (see the front driver's side wheel well is a bit mangled, and a dent on the right rear fender just behind passenger door), but nothing major. I don't have the money now, so I have to put what little money I have into smaller bits like replacing the windshield (just old, pitted and starting to get milky around the edges from the sun), but eventually I'd like to go complete on her, as you're doing with your Valiant. One thing at a time, I guess!

Welcome! You will like it here. Allways a Mopar friend to talk to and lots of good info. There are quite a few 66 Darts around. I wish all would respond with photos. Have fun! Toolmanmike

-
Back