66 Dart GT

-

Rob Eppler

My Dart Charger...home made!
Reaction score
Looking to buy a donor 66 GT car. What should one pay for it? Given all the chrome & moldings are in "ok" shape. Not concerned with body...I have a good shell from the west coast! Thank you for your input!

Parts cars might go for $1000 on down to Free.

Hard to say.
What is usable?
I usually think $500 if it has stuff I can use, maybe add some for different reasons.
The problem is that "OK" trim parts around, nice ones are a bit harder to come by.
So you need to think about what you need & see if this parts car has enough usable items for your needs.
There are other things like does it have v8, bucket seats, AC?

Yes it does have the V-8 [no engine] suspension, buckets, and the council. Again all in tack but weather beaten. All wheel opening moldings are there, the fronts are good, the rears are "OK" both bumpers in good shape and so are the head light bezels/grill. The rocker moldings are in tack as is the rear panel which goes between the tail lights on the trunk lid. Back up lights are in good shape as well. I guess I should have been more specific, but I wanted to see if people would help first...And thank you!

If it was me and there was that much stuff I wanted then I would just buy it for the lowest price I could get it for. To have a car with usable trim AND hopefully all the clips for the trim can be a huge time saver. Plus any extra parts can help others out. I would start at $500 or better $450, and go from there. Now I wouldn't go up to $2000 but anything under $1000 will be one of those things that you'll always look back on as a missed opportunity if you don't get it.
Good luck!

agree, the clips are exactly what I was thinking. Too many times we have the moldings and no clips or the wrong clips and off it goes on the street only to have a truck run it over and "dis-member" it Darn!

Well, I bought the car for $750.00 All trim is there. All interior [bucket seats] are there as well. However the under side of the car is trash! I was happy to get it in my trailer with out pulling it in half! The K member is shot...rusted @ the gear box mount. But the bumpers, grill, tail lights and trunk filler panel are good. Some pix for viewing! And a pix of the 66 which needs most all of the chrome. I am also mini tubing the car at this time. If interested, I will post some pix of the progress!

Attachments

• IMG_2069[1].jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2067[1].jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2030[1].jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 66 Dart new to the family! Spring 2010 004.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 66 Dart new to the family! Spring 2010 009.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2060[1].jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 175
I guess I will add a couple pix of the "blue" 66 GT car. Tub and rust repair in the trunk to start with. The under chassis is blasted and painted by hand in Chassis saver black. Man this stuff works well! I am very happy with this car. The under body is rust free. Minimal rust areas are the lower quarters [right side is worst] trunk extensions and into the trunk floor outer edges. Note the pix.

Attachments

• IMG_2073[1].jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2070[1].jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 160
There ya go. Reasonable price and lots of good parts! Well done.

Well a few more pix of the "Donor" car. First cleaning for sanitary reasons! I will begin the parts removal as need be. I feel it is better to leave all the parts on the donor until needed! Black interior...a bonus!

Attachments

• IMG_2081.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2067.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2080.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2075.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 139
-
Back