'66 dart parts?

-

gibson_es

Reaction score
1966 dodge dart, 170 I6, three speed on the column. This is my daily driver. And finding parts is crazy it seems, seriously, CAN'T EVEN GET A SPARE KEY MADE!

Any ideas? Mainly I need a gas cap, Florida rain / hurricane season is here, I was hoping to pick one up locally so I didn't have to wait, but at this point the internet maybe my only choice. Autozone, advanced auto parts, napa, all don't have one. I would really prefer new or used in great shape, this is my DD but would like new or using in great shape when replacing parts as I plan on having it mostly to fully restored in 5-10 years, one part at a time basically.

Also, I think the ignition switch is newer, because my key don't lock or unlock the doors, any simple, cost efficient suggestion? As it stands I can't lock my doors because I couldn't get back in if I did!... Note the ignition switch shure looks original!

And last but not least, I will wed a new clutch soon, basically as soon as I get the cash, any suggestions for parts for this also? Can't spend much, but I wanna make sure I get something worth getting as well, I'm assuming I will get the whole kit so I'm guessing between $150-$200 for the whole thing? Doing the work myself.

well as for the locks i cant help ya i never lock mine if they want any thing in ur car they will just brake the glass as for the gas cap go to the wanted Forum or get a flip top cap, there's a guy on here that makes an adapter to put them on ur car i have a flip top if u want it it needs a new spring and for making the keys ive never had a hard time getting them made i have a guy at a pawn shop that will do mine look for the little guys shops they most of the time have what we need i cant get mine made at wal mart and big stores

Welcome to Fabo, Gibson. Early A Body parts are harder to come by but the hunt for parts is the fun part I think. I've owned my 66 Dart for 6 years now and have been looking for the correct high note horn since I bought it. I scored a nice horn set last month and was really excited. You'll find what you need, sometimes it just takes time. Many parts come from here. The fellow members here have been very helpful with parts and knowledge. Good luck. toolmanmike

Attachments

• fall07 244 50percent.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 126
well as for the locks i cant help ya i never lock mine if they want any thing in ur car they will just brake the glass as for the gas cap go to the wanted Forum or get a flip top cap, there's a guy on here that makes an adapter to put them on ur car i have a flip top if u want it it needs a new spring and for making the keys ive never had a hard time getting them made i have a guy at a pawn shop that will do mine look for the little guys shops they most of the time have what we need i cant get mine made at wal mart and big stores

I will check for a small locksmith...

That flip top gas cap is awesome! I'm on a really tight budget, but if I can't find a cap cheaper then the eBay link above, I may go that route I really like the way it looks. I appreciate the help, how much you asking for the cap and were could I get a replacement spring? Is it functional without the spring?

Pull the door lock cylinders out and have a locksmith repin them to match your ignition key. Simple job, if you were here locally I'd do it for you for $20. On the clutch, I'd find a recommended local clutch builder and have him redo everything for you.... pressure plate, disc, along with a new T/O bearing, and pilot bushing. I'd install a new input bearing in that transmission too if it were me.....those are the first thing to go bad in those 903's. Find a nice quiet spot and with the engine running, let out the clutch with the trans in neutral. If you hear any rumble/whine/noise of any kind, I'd go through the transmission with all new bearings/gaskets/seals.

-
Back