66 Dart rear wheel openings / arches

-

rod7515

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing the rear quarters on my Dart. While I am doing this I want to move the front of the opening up as far as I can since the tires come closer there then in back of the well. This will allow me to run a taller tire if needed. I have already purchased replacement arches for both sides but would like to add about an inch or so in the middle of the top to extend the arch forward while keeping the same body line. I have found a new arch that I could cut the piece out of but was wondering if anyone had a section from a repair that they didnt use or if anyone else has made a piece to go in the middle of the arch to move the front section forward. Ive already posted in the wanted section looking for a piece of the arch but I doubt whether anyone has a piece. Anyone else extend your opening forward to get some additional tire clearance?
Thanks
Rod

Ever thought about just putting a spacer in between the front spring mount and the body instead? I did this on my 68 Dart and moved the rear back pretty close to being centered.

Yep! Those big tires really magnify the problem too. Here's a before and after of mine with no modifications. It could use some spacers. tmm

Attachments

• 4th st. cruise 028.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 015 (3).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 80
I was going to move my spring back in the front mount box I installed about an inch to better center the wheel. The engine builder I'm using didn't like that because of weight distribution. It would make it much easier since I already have to have a drive shaft fit. That seems to be the only cost going that way.

Pettyblu, did you notice any launching change when you moved yours?

Thanks guys,
Rod

-
Back