[WANTED] 66 Dart rear

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 66 dart. I am looking for either a 8 3/4 rear or something that will bolt up with minor modification. I am new to building my car so i am trying to learn. Thanks!
Andrew

Welcome new guy. A body 8 3/4 housings are few and far between.BUT they do show up here.For a complete drum to drum look to pay $1000 or more. Your 66 it's a bolt in with the right shock/u bolt plates.,,and your drive shaft will need shortened 1 1/2 to 3 inches but measure to be sure.Unless you score a shaft with the housing.
The other option would be a A body 8 1/4 from the 73 to 76's. Bolts in the same,drive shaft still needs shortened. They hold up well unless you have big HP. Go on over to the welcome wagon forum and say hey !

Welcome to the board Andrew. You've posted your want ad in a tech forum. Try posting it in the wanted ad section down below and I bet you'll get a lot of hits

What type of power does the engine have? What are your intentions for the car? How do you drive?
What rear does it have now? 8 3/4 very strong very expensive use more power to operate. 8 1/4
strong may be difficult to find for A body and changes you to 5x 4/12 bolt pattern uses more power
and heavier than 7 1/4. If you just want to cruise around and not interested in burn outs, either
stay with the 7 1/4 if that whats in there now, you can pick them up for almost nothing.

Welcome to the board Andrew. You've posted your want ad in a tech forum. Try posting it in the wanted ad section down below and I bet you'll get a lot of hits
Welcome Andrew. I moved your thread to "parts wanted". You should get some action there. Post some pics in my 66 Dart thread when you get a chance.
Here's a link:66 Dart Owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back