66 Dodge Dart paint

-

VCO

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of getting my Dart painted. The clear coat on the roof has flaked out and i dont like the color anyway. Put i'm clueless as to what type of paint I should get. I'm not looking for show car quality, but something that last a good while and that is durable. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

As far as brand names: Dupont, Spies Hecker, House of Color.

Style of paint of course would be base clear. There is no other way to go.

i have sold dupont since 1978
base coat clear coat is the best
the nason line has a great single stage
2k urethane
very good second choice

My name is Jim and I have 66 Dart "GT". It will be a while before I'll be ready for new paint but was wanting to get some feed back from you about what y'all think is appropriate. It has a 225 in in right now with a 904 and 7 1/4 behind it. Will be putting a cammed 318 in it with a 727 and 8 1/4 behind that. I do not like the paint that is on it right now. It is a ugly burgundy and black. I had a 71 Dodge Demon that was Hem-orange. Loved it. Was thinking about putting that on it. Saw online that some would say that would be an imposter. I don't see why. Also would it be ok to paint the 318 the same color? The 318 came out of 78 and is blue right now. 727 came out of 72 Satilite. 8 1/4 rearend came out of 70ish Duster. Would it be better to go with red on 318?

My name is Jim and I have 66 Dart "GT". It will be a while before I'll be ready for new paint but was wanting to get some feed back from you about what y'all think is appropriate. It has a 225 in in right now with a 904 and 7 1/4 behind it. Will be putting a cammed 318 in it with a 727 and 8 1/4 behind that. I do not like the paint that is on it right now. It is a ugly burgundy and black. I had a 71 Dodge Demon that was Hem-orange. Loved it. Was thinking about putting that on it. Saw online that some would say that would be an imposter. I don't see why. Also would it be ok to paint the 318 the same color? The 318 came out of 78 and is blue right now. 727 came out of 72 Satilite. 8 1/4 rearend came out of 70ish Duster. Would it be better to go with red on 318?
Your choice and yes it is rude to interrupt someone else's thread.

Color matters. If you are planning a metallic, you absolutely should go base/clear. Single stage solid colors are fine for a driver on a budget.

I actually prefer single stage on old cars for cosmetic reasons.

-
Back