66 floor shift cable:front or back??

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I,m putting a floor shifter in my 66 Dart,I,ve read about clearance issues with the cable coming from the front of the shifter.Some guys have mentioned about a shifter with the cable coming out the rear and having no clearance or burning issues?(cable getting burned from exhaust,headders I,m guessing)Any advise?And what makes for front or back?Thanks in adv.

Its not the location on the shifter I think your refering to but the entry route to the shift lever on the transmision.
I think all shifters have the cable comming out of the front of them.
The only shifter I know of with the rear transmision entry is the Cheetah SCS. The cable approches the shift lever from the rear of the trans thus missing headers, steering linkage etc.

Why not use the factory piece? Probably cheaper even.

Why not use the factory piece? Probably cheaper even.
Right now I have column shift,I,m swapping 6 cyl. to V8(360) and need 65-66 V8 motor mounts also manual steering box.Do you have any?When I get heders they say you can,t have column shift,so I,m gonna go floor shift.

Not factory column shift...why not use factory floor shift ? I sold the entire package out of my '66 parts car for 250 bucks including console. All you need is the console, the floorshifter and bracket. Linkage to the trans, and the brackets for the floorpan to mount the console to.

Not factory column shift...why not use factory floor shift ? I sold the entire package out of my '66 parts car for 250 bucks including console. All you need is the console, the floorshifter and bracket. Linkage to the trans, and the brackets for the floorpan to mount the console to.
I can,t find motor mounts from members,sure I,d like a factory floor shifter and console.There is nothing early in any scrapyards around my area.

I'm not sure what I have...I'll check tomorrow. I can probably scare up the floor shift stuff.

I found mine on here. Keep looking. There is a kid that has 2 '64 barracuda parts cars on here. And a **** load of parts. Including the console and shifter you are looking for.

I have a re-built 904/

65 Dude..The guy with the 2-cuda,s read his last post,looks like someone scared him off,with DON,T strip those cars!If the guy owns them,he has the right to do whatever it takes to put food on the table!

I don't like to see solid cars torn up for parts when so many parts are currently available. I also don't like to see rusted out derelicts rot away ruining good parts that people need to ressurect their projects. It is a complicated matter, and there are people who are too lazy to do the work. They'll cherry pick the easy good stuff, and crush things that people need because they are too lazy to do what is right. All it takes is a little networking to get the parts into the right hands. For example...I know a fellow who has several '66-'70whatever floorshift console pieces. I haven't said hello to this guy in awhile, so I'll check out what he has. He may be able to set you up pretty well. I do know he'll give me the "buddy" price. We'll see.
I know a fellow who bought a car from Dart4forte, and he has nothing but good things to say about him...maybe he'll help.

I don't like to see solid cars torn up for parts when so many parts are currently available. I also don't like to see rusted out derelicts rot away ruining good parts that people need to ressurect their projects. It is a complicated matter, and there are people who are too lazy to do the work. They'll cherry pick the easy good stuff, and crush things that people need because they are too lazy to do what is right. All it takes is a little networking to get the parts into the right hands. For example...I know a fellow who has several '66-'70whatever floorshift console pieces. I haven't said hello to this guy in awhile, so I'll check out what he has. He may be able to set you up pretty well. I do know he'll give me the "buddy" price. We'll see.
I know a fellow who bought a car from Dart4forte, and he has nothing but good things to say about him...maybe he'll help.
Thanks for any help Outsider!

-
Back