66 Plymouth Valiant 100 Parts Interchange

-

dustymopar

Reaction score
Hi, hope someone might be able to help me here......

I have a 66 Val on it's way. The Hood, rear screen and bumpers are missing. Are any of these found on other models? My help me in my search knowing that these items may be found on other Mopars......

It was originally a 6 Cyl Car - what mounts are needed to install a small block?

Any help would be appreciated :-D

a 66 is a one off year when it comes to rear bumpers, more square than a 64-65. Hood doesnt have the spine the 65 has (?) rear "backlight" is 64-66 same. slant 6 had the same K, you just need the V8 mounts and brackets and the drop center link. I would consider keeping the 6 in there. Many upsides to an original 6 as in exhaust and originality. You can build the 6 up too as these cars are pretty light to make a quick ride.

Thanks Pishta, would the drop center link need to come from and early A Body, or would a later fit too? Would Cuda bumpers of the same year fit?

Thanks Pishta, would the drop center link need to come from and early A Body, or would a later fit too? Would Cuda bumpers of the same year fit?[/ i think the frunt bumper will but the back i dont think will work if i remember right

The back glass is '66 Valiant only assuming it's not a wagon. The bumpers and hood are '66 Valiant and Barracuda only. A small block conversion would need V8 parts from a '64-6 A-body including: engine with matching transmission, motor mounts and brackets, draglink, exhaust manifolds, kickdown linkage, gas pedal assy and cable, radiator, exhaust system, and some strongly recommended upgrades to the brakes, torsion bars, and rear axle assy.
Thanks, Mark

Check your drag link as it may already have the needed "swoop". If not, a cheap way is use 1/4" plates under the motor mounts for any clearance issues.

-
Back