66 valiant signet convertible Barracuda Conversion

-

HeatherHoward

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This was the starting point. The eventuality will be what I call the car that should’ve been. A 1966 barracuda convertible. I know the purist's among you will not like the idea. My opinion is that Chrysler should have done this in the beginning if the plan was to actually compete with the mustang.

IMG_6890.jpeg

IMG_6891.jpeg

Wheels n tires. Engine dress up. Now she’s a cruiser will be adding a 340 4 speed and new paint this winter.

IMG_7691.jpeg

IMG_7410.jpeg

This was the starting point. The eventuality will be what I call the car that should’ve been. A 1966 barracuda convertible. I know the purist's among you will not like the idea. My opinion is that Chrysler should have done this in the beginning if the plan was to actually compete with the mustang.

View attachment 1716111012

View attachment 1716111013

Absolutely agree!

Chrysler definitely missed the boat by not having a Formula S convertible out of the gate.

The lines flow perfectly and the accent chrome and Formula S badges and grill look awesome on the convertible.

Great job HeatherHoward!!

Great job Heather, that's a good looking car. Try planning to bring it to the 39th annual Mopar Mini Nationals October 7, 2023. It will be held at Crossroads Church 7900 Chiesa RD. Rowlett, TX 75089. I've been going for the last 12-15 years, there is always a good turn out and lots of interesting Mopar people to talk to.

Great job Heather, that's a good looking car. Try planning to bring it to the 39th annual Mopar Mini Nationals October 7, 2023. It will be held at Crossroads Church 7900 Chiesa RD. Rowlett, TX 75089. I've been going for the last 12-15 years, there is always a good turn out and lots of interesting Mopar people to talk to.
That’s right down the road from me. I’m in FtWorth. I’ll definitely mark that on my calendar. Thanx for the heads up.

While my 66 is matt black at the moment and needs a bit of work... Here is a photoshop mock up of the color I want to paint it and what it should look like roughy when its done...

66 valiant convert.jpg

That looks great as a Barracuda.
The ‘66 Barracuda has by far the best looking dash of the early cars. I would love to have put a Formula S in my convertible.

the car that should’ve been.

Funny, I was looking at a '65 convertible 200 Saturday and was thinking the same thing! I think your idea is great.

I moved from Diboll a year ago, There's a diner called Ray's in Lufkin that does a cruise night every first Saturday of the month. Lots of Mopars - I was the only gen 2 Barracuda and there was an E body guy that showed up regular but the early Barracuda was well represented. I think I've seen as many as three at one time - very unusual! If you're ever having to get down that way, check it out.

You need to look into swapping out that trunk emblem, either with a 67 or see if you can do something with the 66 Barracuda rear emblem.

Alan

Yup, I’m debating what route to go. Might go with a 68 hood emblem there or just weld the holes and customize a 2nd gen trunk trim to fit it. I’ve got a 68 barracuda in the works right now. Once it’s done I’m gonna figure something out and finish this one out nicely.

-
Back