-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68383GTS

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Contact seller
I need a good clean door jamb "b" pillar post for the drivers side on my 67 Barracuda.Mine has some damage and I need to replace it.I will be in Columbus OH May 20-21 for Mopars at National trail speedway.

Thanks,Jim

Attachments

• cowl and post 003.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 289
Are you sure they are the same.AMD list them for the Dart but not the Barracuda.I thought the out edge where it meets the quarter might be shaped different.

Thanks,Jim

Are you sure they are the same.AMD list them for the Dart but not the Barracuda.I thought the out edge where it meets the quarter might be shaped different.

Thanks,Jim

can you cut,weld and finishin out? if yes than the whole thing is the same except for outside edge...

im guessing your stricker is dead by the pic so just cut out a little past that "square"

i'll edit a pic in a sec

The stiker area is bad,stress crack at top of jamb,and the jamb is damaged under the quarter skin.So I am replacing the whole post.

Here's some pics..

Gold one is 67 Cuda quarter, Orange is 71 Dart Swinger. Visually they appear the same in the striker area, however the flange along the top part is larger to fit the contours of the upper quarter. The middle part looks like the flange area is smaller, so would need a piece to be added. Also, on the Dart, it appears that the striker is more finished into the door opening area, although it appears that like the upper portion there is more material allowing it to be cut to fit. Contours on the striker area and top where the rubber piece go appear identical.

If you need, I can post pics of a 70-up Duster style as well tonight. Let me know if thats what you are looking for.

Grant

Attachments

• P1000769.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 162
  • P1000770.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 168
  • P1000771.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 157
  • P1000772.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 149
  • P1000773.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 158
  • P1000776.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 194
  • P1000778.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 196
My son had to replace his on his 67 notchback, went to the local yard and bought one from a dart sport. It is not the same.
Rod

they are all the same, I posted earlier that I have a perfect set 50.00 + shipping

MOPAR CHARLIE
727-271-5068

68HemiDart if I remember right you sent me pics and it was the striker area repair.I need the door jamb itself.

Jim

I have two driver's side pillars cut out of 67 and 69 FB parts cars. I already trimmed the 67 to splice into my 69 and doubled up the striker plate area.

But when I sent you a PM inquiring about obtaining your old rusty trunk extension a few weeks ago, you didn't respond. ](*,)
Since then, I lined up a place to work on my 68 this winter and will probably cut mine out to use as a pattern when I replace the quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back