'67-'72 Mopar A-body upper ball joint tapered adapters?

-
What's the item number?

If it's the ones I think they are from Cass, they are a decent piece.
I'm not so sure about pricing. For about $25 more you can get BBJ uppers and have a better ball joint to start with. Most of the time your swapping out the ball joints in a rebuild.

Brand new small ball joints already purchased, then maybe they are a good thing.

The link won`t work for me. What does it do, enable you to use a big ball joint with a small joint control arm?

Try Item #170343795560
It allows use of pre 73 UCA and ball joint on 73 and later disc, and B & E spindles.

I guess if you don`t have all the matching parts it would be okay. Sometimes you`ve just got to do what you`ve got to do.

I believe Doctor Diff is making those...

lets you use the 72 and earlier uca with the 73 and later disc brake set up...

Steve68 posted the right item number. Yes it says you can use the bigger ball joint in the small ball joint arm.

ball.jpg

how will that let you interchange the balljoint its just some tapered sleeves. I thought the difference was the size of the ball joint not the taper. I could understand putting the big ball joint in small joint spindle for this item. or the other way around. did I miss something here?

I don't know why you'd even want to do this. By using the later UCA's, you not only get the most common mopar ball joint, which is less than half the price of the early ones, but they're also easy to find and upper control arms seems to be easy to get as well. The picture is also mighty scary considering the ball joint nuts they give you are not castle nuts.

some of you dont quite understand that part.
It is a tapered bushing that goes in the large tapered hole of spindles that are made for the large ball joint. Then the samller tapered stem of the smaller ball joint can be inserted in the bushing.

I have a 1967 barracuda that I have that has a fully rebuilt suspension (less than 1500 miles) and I am switching to disc brakes. This makes sense for me from a $ standpoint. It is a very occasional driver with not track use at all. As time and money premit I will switch to the big ball joint a-arms. Can I use the existing castle nuts to make it safer?

Did a 73 disc brake swap,on a 67 Cuda using something similar machined locally.Worked perfectly.As far as I know,still on the car 20 years later.

-
Back