67-76 Console Light & Shifter Back-Up Lights Switch...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1972DusterPaul

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
For my 72 Duster I am looking for...

The light socket and wiring harness that goes into the console and lights up what gear you are in.

Also I need the switch/wiring that mounts to the shifter base to work the reverse lights.

Not sure on the exact years but it looks like anything from 1967 to 1976 would work.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul , ive got a clean harness , ill check i may have the other piece as well , if you want to pm your email address i can send you pics , $20 + shipping sound ok ?

pics...ill look for the other piece later

Attachments

• wire 002.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 157
  • wire 003.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 159
  • wire 004.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 132
  • wire 005.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 140
What is pictured above is a shift indicator lamp harness for a console BUT.. that came from a later model that had the reverse lamp switch on the transmission.
I can't recall what year the reverse lamp switch moved. If your transmission has a 3 post neutral safety switch the reverse lamp switch is there so you wouldn't need the earlier shifter mounted switch. Hope this isn't confusing.

Redfish,
Thanks for the help...this is the part confusing me...

My shifter and console are not original...I will look at my car/transmission tonight and see if I can clarify what I need.

Thanks again,
Paul

What is pictured above is a shift indicator lamp harness for a console BUT.. that came from a later model that had the reverse lamp switch on the transmission.
I can't recall what year the reverse lamp switch moved. If your transmission has a 3 post neutral safety switch the reverse lamp switch is there so you wouldn't need the earlier shifter mounted switch. Hope this isn't confusing.

Redfish,
Thanks for the help...this is the part confusing me...

My shifter and console are not original...I will look at my car/transmission tonight and see if I can clarify what I need.

Thanks again,
Paul

If your trans has a single post safety switch you will need the reverse lamp switch and harness for the floor shifter.

Yup....all the '69 and newer had the backup light switch as part of the neutral safety switch.

I looked yesterday and saw I had the 3 prong transmission switch...so no other switch is needed.

I also mailed off a Money Order to "oldcarnut" this morning for his wiring harness.

Thanks for all the resonse.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back