67-76 Right Hand Mirror Dynacorn - Opinions

-

74Dart318

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place or if anyone has posted about this before.

Got a Right hand mirror for my 1974 Dart. Is this incorrect? I have never seen the right hand mirror in real life before.

Mirror, 1973-76 Mirror Dodge Dart Sport

1225171830.jpg

1225171830a.jpg

Pretty simple, what does your drivers mirror look like?

You have a mirror. The link doesn't say left or right. I believe this style can be used as left or right, but I have never seen it on the right either.

Can be used left or right. Only ones that were specific left and right were the remote left and its lookalike non remote RH. Thats a nice price. I got a new one for the left side of my 67 cuda, i may need to get another for the right side at that price.

If you have a remote control mirror in the left door, there is a right mirror that matches it. It isn't remote control but it does have the moving glass in a fixed bowl.

Thanks everyone!

I was expecting it to look more like my left side mirror which is a remote mirror with a fixed bowl.

Guess I can run this one until I find a remote look-a-like or feel like ponying up more money some day.

I will try to help again. If you have a adjustable mirror on the drivers side the "companion mirror" is non adjustable but for the right side and should look like this. I doubt if you have racing mirrors. A photo of what you have would be better than guessing.
mvc-338s.jpg

I will try to help again. If you have a adjustable mirror on the drivers side the "companion mirror" is non adjustable but for the right side and should look like this. I doubt if you have racing mirrors. A photo of what you have would be better than guessing.View attachment 1715124261

Gosh, that would make it too easy!

The right side mirror that matches the left hand remote mirror is basically for the passenger to look out of. It does not let the driver look at anything behind. On mine I found a convex mirror that I double sided tape to the original and now can see out of it.

We get spoiled with driving late model cars.A passenger side mirror is nice to have. I put the remote look a like on a 67 Dart, not the greatest but better than without.

Toolmanmike you asked (twice!)

And you shall receive haha. Looks just like the one you posted.

1226171728a.jpg

Found a matching non remote for the passenger side brand new repop pretty easy on e-slay. Even non remote was pricey though. 75 bucks I think. Yeesh. Mama insisted.

I put a right side mirror on my dart. Like someone said before the driver can't see anything out of it. Where you have to mount it, it interferes with the wing window.

I put a right side mirror on my dart. Like someone said before the driver can't see anything out of it. Where you have to mount it, it interferes with the wing window.
It's close. It depends what year and model. The wing doesn't need to go wide open.
100_6006.JPG
100_6001.JPG

I never understood why Chrysler mounted the mirrors in the wing window area. I moved them back on my 63 Valiant and I had 2 67 Darts,one had it at the wing window and the other had it closer to the crank window.Both were untouched cars.Maybe different plants had different locations.

Is your mirror a repro or an original?

Just curious, as a lot of people say the mirror is useless to the driver, but after seeing your other post, I want one for my 1970 Dart.
Mine is an original

I use the mirror but I put it on for looks. I like the balance.

I could see the guy coming in the other lane.Won and lost allot of races because of that mirror.Yes as a joke a friend photo shopped the chute.

Finish_line_PA06.JPG

-
Back