67 Barracuda Commando is alive!

-

Rbob

Reaction score
Fired it up last night for the first time, ran it 20 minutes at 2500 for the cam break in.
Had an issue with the power steering pump I rebuilt and have to pull it out to see what I f*** up.
I still have to install the front bumper and get an alignment, grease some zirc fittings and install the hood insulator.

Here is a small video preview:

[ame]http://vid753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/Rbob_photos/1967%20Plymouth%20Barracuda%20Coupe/Exhaust/P1120288.mp4[/ame]

Attachments

• P1120288.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 266
Congrats on getting her running. There are always some bugs to iron out. Good luck with the build.

Nice looking 67.....

You will get the bugs worked out ! Enjoy the ride I know I would!

Always a rush to her it come to life for the first time. Congrats. Exhaust sounds good. What cam did you use? What exhaust/ mufflers do you have? tmm

Thanks for the kind words. I owe a lot to the people on this board, I would have been really lost without the support of all the people who gave me advice.

Cam is Comp Cams solid 20-233-4
Exhaust is 340 HP manifolds, Accurate exhaust, Thanks Tom! and the mufflers are Hooker Aerochamber. May be a little louder than I wanted but we will see once I get it out of the shop and drive it.

The tubes sticking out are part of the rotisserie, left them on work on suspension, easy to raise the lift and slide the rotisserie in and let the lift back down.

Here are a couple pics of exhaust:
P1120283.jpg

P1120284.jpg

Congrats. We can relate to Dr. Frankenstein's' "ITS ALIVE !" when first fire up a build no matter how many times we do it. Women get it through child birth.
Am covering up my jealousy here ? nah
That would have went a childish route, "Mine is a convertible" and "I have NOS heat shields for the stock manifolds".
My car is in a million pieces too so...
What I have is envy and admiration.
Happy moparing

-
Back