67 Barracuda Convert Help Needed

-

CUDA 67

Reaction score
Couple of questions for my 67 Cuda convertible restoration:

1. I tossed out the warped and rotted spare tire cover a few years ago and now I regret not making a template first. Can someone post or send me a diagram with dimensions of the spare tire compartment cover? I have purchased a new vinyl trunk liner but need to make a spare tire cover.

2. I also tossed out the rotted and torn convertible top well liner about 5 years ago. I have purchased a new well liner now but do not recall how it goes in. One side snaps in but not sure how to install the seat side. Can someone post or PM a photo?

3. I had installed an electronic ignition system a few years ago but did not like the performance, there was always a bit of hesitation when I stepped on the gas hard. I had the original dual point distributor rebuilt, then I reinstalled and timed it and that took care of the problem. It was purchased from a Chrysler dealer and rather then just put in the pile of other replaced parts I would like to sell it. Is anyone interested in it? I would rather see it go to a FOAB member that go on Craig's list person.

Thanks!!

Thanks

Attachments

• !Br9vbm!BGk~$(KGrHqEH-EEEvDydbGIgBL16T)DlEg~~_1.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 305
I just measured the dimensions of my spare tire cover, here are the dimensions as pertaining to the pic Okla posted above.
Side to side(left to right) is 30"
Top to bottom (top of arc to cutout) 26 7/16"
Top to bottom (flat edge to flat edge) each is 25 5/8"
Now the one pic above it looks like the cutout for the trunk latch is centered...on mine it is not. The cutout dimensions are 5" side to side and 2 5/8" high. From the LH side the cutout starts at 11 7/16" and ends at 16 7/16"
The larger hole is a 3" diameter, and the center of the hole is 15" from the side, and center is 14 1/2" from the top(highest point in the arc)
Smaller hole is 1" diameter and center of hole is 15" when measured from the left side.
Hope this helps, if you need any more dimensions lemme know

Steve

I just measured the dimensions of my spare tire cover, here are the dimensions as pertaining to the pic Okla posted above.
Side to side(left to right) is 30"
Top to bottom (top of arc to cutout) 26 7/16"
Top to bottom (flat edge to flat edge) each is 25 5/8"
Now the one pic above it looks like the cutout for the trunk latch is centered...on mine it is not. The cutout dimensions are 5" side to side and 2 5/8" high. From the LH side the cutout starts at 11 7/16" and ends at 16 7/16"
The larger hole is a 3" diameter, and the center of the hole is 15" from the side, and center is 14 1/2" from the top(highest point in the arc)
Smaller hole is 1" diameter and center of hole is 15" when measured from the left side.
Hope this helps, if you need any more dimensions lemme know

Steve

Thanks Steve. This is one item I do not have.
Would you post a picture of yours for reference?

Thanks for all the info. I would buy the ebay tire cover but the $31 shipping seems a bit excessive! I'll go to the local Home Depot and buy a board and cut it according to Steve's dimensions. Any imperfections would be covered by the liner anyhow.

Looks like I'll have to crawl into the trunk and wrestle the well liner in place, guess I'll wait for a day that is less than 90 degrees!!

the board could be a waste of coin if you dont have a spare that fits down in the well properly.

Here are some pics, but I should mention although this is an original, I havent verified that it fits barracudas. I will give it a test fit on dads 67, he is supposed to drop by on Monday. Here are some pics though

Attachments

• DSCF8219 (Medium).jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF8218 (Medium).jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF8217 (Medium).jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCF8216 (Medium).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCF8214 (Medium).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCF8212 (Medium).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCF8211 (Medium).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF8209 (Medium).jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF8208 (Medium).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 245
Ok, here are pics of dads spare tire cover from his 67 Fastback, you can tell in the pics, that it doesnt have a hump at the top like mine does. The cutout for the trunk latch is offset as mentioned in above post. As I mentioned, mine isnt original to my car, not sure what it is from, but mine is a vert as well.

Attachments

• DSCF8240 (Medium).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCF8242 (Medium).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCF8243 (Medium).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 252
-
Back