'67 Barracuda Fastback S 383 4 speed rear end issue?

-
Don't know why your clutch pedal would move, is the c-clip missing from the shaft? It's on the right or opposite side of the pedal.
I haven't had it apart yet, and I can't see much of the mechanism with it in place. It moves up to 1/2" side to side, which can't be how it was designed. A missing clip that is supposed to hold it in place would make a lot of sense. I've been waiting to get some rebuild parts before I pull the assembly out.

None of it is too difficult. I had my steering column out doing something else, front seat too. You simply have more room. There's a groove that the c- clip goes into, most hardware stores would have it. Pretty sure that is your problem.
Good luck!

Don't know why your clutch pedal would move, is the c-clip missing from the shaft? It's on the right or opposite side of the pedal.

I agree. I wouldn't think the OP would have the kind of side-to-side movement he describes just from worn bushings. Of course, I could be wrong.

As for the missing spring, it should be removed for a diaphragm clutch, either altogether, or at least replaced with a lighter spring.

Ya know, I was under the dash last night, and looked up at the clutch pedal shaft, you could probably put that c-clip in. Maybe it doesn't have to come apart. Not sure of c-clip size, 1/2"? Not expensive, get two or three sizes.

Ya know, I was under the dash last night, and looked up at the clutch pedal shaft, you could probably put that c-clip in. Maybe it doesn't have to come apart. Not sure of c-clip size, 1/2"? Not expensive, get two or three sizes.
So I actually got up under there a couple of days ago and I could see that the retainer was still in place, but it had apparently worn to the point that it was no longer doing it's job. I installed a cotter pin that I had on hand on to the joint (without removing anything) and it seems to have solved the issue for now. I'll eventually pull the assembly and rebuild it, but, knock wood, I'm good for now. Thanks

-
Back