67 barracuda floor rust issues

-

74scampga

Reaction score
Ive just purchased a 67 barracuda and im going to have to replace the driver and passenger front floor pans. The rears however are pretty solid but are a bit rusty(no holes). Business is pretty slow in the car business so i cant do the resto i want until things pick up. Whats the best way to stop the rust before it gets to bad. Is there something in a spray can that will eat away what i got now and then i prime and paint so it doesnt get worse? or should i try grinding it down first. thanks alot.

For the time being I would just spray it with epoxy primer and hit with some black paint since you're going to cut it out eventually.

I agree. Make sure you brush or blast off some of the loose stuff. There is a rust covert/epoxy paint out there that'll help prevent further damage. If the car is indoors throw some moisture packets in there too. If outside strive to keep it dry.

If you plan to weld in patches in the near future you can wire brush the flakey rust away then wipe the metal down good with WD-40 (liquid type in gallon can ). It wont interfear with the welding.

-
Back