67 Barracuda Formula S

-

bfisherco

Reaction score
Greetings !!

I have been offered a 1967 fastback. It's what the title says, and I was called and told I could have it for cheap. Yeah, it needs work and lots of it, but it isn't a total basket case. Actually, I don't think anything's been disassembled and it's all there.

It has the original 273 motor and a 727 tranny, all glass intact, frame straight, little bit of rust and a huge dent on the passenger side. Front clip good, door metal hit hard, rear quarter has a big one below the window. The driver's side metal is good. All the trim and badging is there.

Is it worth it? What would make it "unrestorable"?

b

Depends how much money you're willing to spend !! It may not take as much as you may think if you're capable of doing a lot of the work yourself !! GO FOR IT,you only live once !!

What would make it "unrestorable"?

completely rotted out frame rails
or bent like a pretzel

at least that is what would make it un drivable again

un restorable is a matter of opinion,
what do you consider "restored"

Greetings !!

I have been offered a 1967 fastback. It's what the title says, and I was called and told I could have it for cheap. Yeah, it needs work and lots of it, but it isn't a total basket case. Actually, I don't think anything's been disassembled and it's all there.

It has the original 273 motor and a 727 tranny, all glass intact, frame straight, little bit of rust and a huge dent on the passenger side. Front clip good, door metal hit hard, rear quarter has a big one below the window. The driver's side metal is good. All the trim and badging is there.

Is it worth it? What would make it "unrestorable"?

b

727?? I don't think the formula came with a 727 in a 1967 smallblock. Check the fender tag. What else was changed?

How much is "Cheap"?

Sounds like $20,000 just to get the body in order unless, you know how to do it yourself.

Un-restorable is just a matter of your budget.

Do you have 20k-35k to dump into this car?

727?? I don't think the formula came with a 727 in a 1967 smallblock. Check the fender tag. What else was changed?

You could get the 727A in a '67 Barracuda. All you had to do was order it that way. My first '67 Barracuda FB had the 727A with a 273 2V, 8-1/4" Sure Grip, and H.D. suspension, and was NOT a Formula S car. I bought the car off the original owner and that is the way he ordered it. He also ordered it with the Maroon interior with Pearl White seats and door panels.

Check for rust, especially underneath at the frame rails. Other than that it may be restorable.

Good luck!

-
Back