67 barracuda rear valance

-

roadripper

Reaction score
So I am finishing up the metal work on my 67 notchback, the rear valance has a cutout
For single exhaust and my car had dual exhaust . Was wondering if Anyone has the dimensions
For the dual exhaust cutouts so I put them In the right spot?

Thanks in advance. Merry Xmas

Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 205
You do want the "half circle" ones right? That would be correct for the '67 cars. If you need pix, other than what has already been offered, PM me. I have a '67 S car [383]

Attachments

• Cuda in house garage 67.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 207
You do want the "half circle" ones right? That would be correct for the '67 cars. If you need pix, other than what has already been offered, PM me. I have a '67 S car [383]

On the 67's 273 commando (mine) and the 383 version didn't they all have large single exhaust with the large rectangle tip and cut out on the left rear, every pic I've seen showed that??

What is that blue? Do you have any pictures of it in the sun, and in different light?

Hi roadripper, sorry not sure how to bring across one of my old posts, type in the search box Rear Valance 67-69 Barracuda Dual Exhaust Cutouts,and you will see my post with a response provided by qkcuda giving a diagram with measurements, check it out and see if its any help to you.

2 other issues worth mentioning... trans cross member in 67 model probably doesn't accommodate duals. Cut away for exhaust pipe is left side only. Then the single fuel tank support strap is left to right orientation so it interferes with exhaust tube routing on right side. Nothing that cant be conquered. 68 model parts are the very best solution but not the only solution. Changing the support in trunk floor to hang a 68 tank and straps is major effort. good luck

2 other issues worth mentioning... trans cross member in 67 model probably doesn't accommodate duals. Cut away for exhaust pipe is left side only. Then the single fuel tank support strap is left to right orientation so it interferes with exhaust tube routing on right side. Nothing that cant be conquered. 68 model parts are the very best solution but not the only solution. Changing the support in trunk floor to hang a 68 tank and straps is major effort. good luck

Good info right there.

So my barracuda allready has dual exhaust and everything clears with no issues just want to put tips on it and tuck them into the valance to gain that cool factor lol
big thanks to everyone out there for all the tips and advice !!!

Mike 67 barracuda,

2 other issues worth mentioning... trans cross member in 67 model probably doesn't accommodate duals. Cut away for exhaust pipe is left side only.

I think that 67 had the cut to accomodate dual exhaust, I think that 66 was the last yer for the non dual exhaust friendly cross member....

The 67 cross member should be the same as the 67-69-71 cross member...

I just looked at my 67. The trans cross member does accommodate duel exhaust.

Funny thing is that the cutout on the valance lines up with the frame rail. So in essence, it don't do squat for the exhaust tip.

-
Back