67 Barracuda Throttle Cable

-

Ken Pevay

Reaction score
Looking to replace my throttle cable on my 67 Barracuda Convertible, 273 Commando, with the original 4 barrel carb, Automatic trans. I have ordered from PG Classics and after two cables that didn't match mine I'm at a loss where to turn to next. As you can see from the photo below from the firewall to the attachment point on the bracket on the head its about 13" and about 19" overall length. Any insight on where I might be able to get one?

Throttle Cable.jpg
Throttle Cable Engine.jpeg

Your probably looking at finding New Old Stock or a used one in good condition.
Get the '67 Plymouth or Dodge parts book and look up the p/n.
Then hunt by part number.
Beware of places that post OEM part numbers but then sell "one size fits many" replacement. :(

Also put up a wanted ad. Make sure you get photos and dimensions before you buy. Some sellers really know their stuff, what it came from and what else it came on. But not everyone has that level of expertise...

Something about hte cable attachment changed after '67. I forget what and its late... maybe the firewall clip.

Beware of places that post OEM part numbers but then sell "one size fits many" replacement. :(

Also put up a wanted ad. Make sure you get photos and dimensions before you buy. Some sellers really know their stuff, what it came from and what else it came on. But not everyone has that level of expertise...

Something about hte cable attachment changed after '67. I forget what and its late... maybe the firewall clip.

Thanks for the information, Classic industries measured one for me, they claim will work it doesnt come up searching for 67 but 68 to 75 273,318, 340 assured me it will fit ist on the way I'll let you know how I makeout when I get it

Thanks for the information, Classic industries measured one for me, they claim will work it doesnt come up searching for 67 but 68 to 75 273,318, 340 assured me it will fit ist on the way I'll let you know how I makeout when I get it

My new cable came today and its a match to my existing one. It is listed as 68 to 75, 273,318,340 but also fits 67 as well. It just never came up on the search on classic industries website as it doesn't list for 67. after talking with a tech rep there I had them measure it to confirm it should fit before they shipped it. I haven't installed it yet but I don't foresee any problems. famous last words he says.

they list every year BUT 67
My new cable came today and its a match to my existing one. It is listed as 68 to 75, 273,318,340 but also fits 67 as well. It just never came up on the search on classic industries website as it doesn't list for 67. after talking with a tech rep there I had them measure it to confirm it should fit before they shipped it. I haven't installed it yet but I don't foresee any problems. famous last words he says.

Tell us how it fits please

Tell us how it fits please
I had trouble finding a replacement throttle cable for my 1967 Barracuda, after ordering and returning two different cables, I was able to speak to a tech rep at Classic Industries. They don’t have a 67 A body listing for a small block V8, I have a 273 Commando E Code. Seems it’s an oversight and the cable MN2227 listed for A body 68-72 273/318/340 will also fit 67 A body as well. Because of my previous issues getting the right one I was able to have them measure one in their stock before ordering. the new one fits and works perfectly.
cables.jpeg
Throttle Cable Engine.jpeg

Be careful with the reproduction cables, they are known to fray and brake

Last edited:
We still have it. In storage since 2018.
Fingers crossed for this year. Different color, I think ours is ZZ1? I love the "silver" color of larrys.
Heres pics of Larry's from and some of mine and Mikes from Moparfest 2017. Early morning breakfast for the Mopars. Mikes(2darts) is a GTS. Proud to see both their cars in person.
Larry I still got that door glass too!
Do you still have your Barracuda, isn't it the same color

20170819_105216.jpg

20170819_105206.jpg

20170819_081923.jpg

20170819_082832.jpg

I'm hoping for Moparfest, but this whole fn world has changed. We should coordinate something?
I cant remember whether clear or tinted? It was whatever you were looking for?
Be well bud!
I cant remember Steve, was the door glass you have tinted or clear?? think Moparfest will be a nogo again?

We still have it. In storage since 2018.
Fingers crossed for this year. Different color, I think ours is ZZ1? I love the "silver" color of larrys.
Heres pics of Larry's from and some of mine and Mikes from Moparfest 2017. Early morning breakfast for the Mopars. Mikes(2darts) is a GTS. Proud to see both their cars in person.
Larry I still got that door glass too!

View attachment 1715697949

View attachment 1715697950

View attachment 1715697951

View attachment 1715697952
Looks like you are parked next to Mike's Dart.

-
Back