67 barracuda wheel hop

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I have a 67 notch 360 with automatic 904 trans, 391 gears when I get on it wheels spin and rear hops I thought only chevys did this, any way what causes it and how can I fix it? I prefer cheap but I am insterested in all answers, and soloutions. Thanks everyone.

Check driveshaft angle and length. I had a wheel hop issue in my old 67 Dart (440/4sp). The drivetrain, with the exception of the springs were all installed into my son's 67 convertible. The driveshaft was slightly too long..... No wheelhop problems at all.

The springs were installed in my other son's 67 Barracuda fastback (383/4sp). No wheelhop problems there, either.........

I don't know if it was pinion angle or driveshaft length, but I'm sure it was one of the two.

back in the old days, we would remove the rear most spring clamps and add an adjustable pinion snubber. After that they would hook up hard and go straight.

Check driveshaft angle and length. I had a wheel hop issue in my old 67 Dart (440/4sp). The drivetrain, with the exception of the springs were all installed into my son's 67 convertible. The driveshaft was slightly too long..... No wheelhop problems at all.

The springs were installed in my other son's 67 Barracuda fastback (383/4sp). No wheelhop problems there, either.........

I don't know if it was pinion angle or driveshaft length, but I'm sure it was one of the two.
How do you check the drive shaft pinion angle? what is the procedure?

I've never done it, but I've seen pics of it. That's the only car I ever had that kind of trouble with.

This week I replaced springs with 340 spring, I replaced torsion bars with 340 ones, and added a sway bar, drove car what a difference, NO MORE WHEEL HOP, I think It was the pinion angle those old style shackles is what I think did me in. Car is like new now, Thanks everyone.

-
Back