67 Barracuda Windshield Trim

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SealockRacing

Contact seller
looking for a complete window trim set out from a 67 Barracuda. not too concerned on how great the chrome look on it is, as long as its complete.

again, im talking about the push in stuff, not the clip in like the 68/9

i think im correct here.

shoot me a pm if you have it.

thanks,

John

I ordered a set for mine. This is what it looked like after 3 months. I highly recommend you go with a S/S unit with clips. This is how much the plastic shrinks in 3 months. If you look closely you can see app. 1/2" to the left where the original mark is from where the S/S trim was when installed.
Jim

006 resize.jpg

I ordered a set for mine. This is what it looked like after 3 months. I highly recommend you go with a S/S unit with clips. This is how much the plastic shrinks in 3 months. If you look closely you can see app. 1/2" to the left where the original mark is from where the S/S trim was when installed.
Jim

Mine did the same thing, took about two years but the same result.

Those corners are like gold and diamonds!

I saw two for sale on ebay awhile back but passed because I have the stainless steel for the front and back off of a 68 that will sooner or later go on my 67.

When you put it in you have to kinda feed it in tight as you go,making it to where it can't shrink
Jim

Mopar must have had big problems with 67 cuda trim and decided to do away with it in 68 and 69. Now of course 67 was when the new cuda a-body changed from the 66 early a-bodies so Mopar was seeing how sales would go in 67.

Mopar must have had big problems with 67 cuda trim and decided to do away with it in 68 and 69. Now of course 67 was when the new cuda a-body changed from the 66 early a-bodies so Mopar was seeing how sales would go in 67.
Yup, the windshield stainless wasn't such an issue since its A-body common. There were 2 different Barracuda rear windows to tool up for.

Everytime I see a 67 Barracuda I look around the glass. There is always some trim missing, no trim at all just the gasket, or has been converted to the 68 or 69 stainless. The corners are always gone it seems.

I am currently trying to find someone to fabricate the clips about a 1/2" longer each way. If I can find someone, mine will look pretty good.

Keep looking rookie

I hear there is a guy who is selling several trim parts to a windshield....they don't go together but so what right?

I recently got a NOS corner off Ebay for $20.

Soon after i found R/T Specialties has repro sets of for $49.

I recently got a NOS corner off Ebay for $20.

Soon after i found R/T Specialties has repro sets of for $49.

Well I'll be... they do have set now!

I have looked and looked and gave up long time ago. I have stainless trim for the front and back glass now. LOL!

mullinax95

I was surprised too. When I got May 2009 Mopar Muscle in the mail, It fell open to Page 25 and there they were.

Brian

I looked on R/T Specialties web page and couldn't find them but they might not list all they have. I wanted to able to tell others about it that have the 67. I have the stainless trim but it's going to take a lot of work and more $$$ to get it all changed over. I have spent some time trying to get mine looking decent. A friend of mine gave a me roll of push in vinyl and I used it. I had to cut the ends on a 45 degree angle to finish around the corners. THEN I found out that Mopar used corners. Well I be ding dang! When I got the car all it had was short pieces of vinyl here and there to keep the gasket tight I guess.

Whoever painted the car did not paint down around the gaskets of the windshield and back glass. So when I take the glasses out I going to clean all around the perimeter, have it painted, install 68 gaskets, install clips and then install my freshly buffed stainless trim. Lucky me! lol

You may not have to.....Confusedcuda just had the shop my fatty is at do the conversion.

It looks awesome. You should ask him to post some pics....so nice that he is going ahead with the back one.

The only issues are very small thin gaps below the trim where the bodywork wont match exactly to the trim...at least on his car. But they are so small and the dramatic difference the CHROME (as in polished SS) trim makes VS crappy plastic.

The trim itself covered the flaws on the edges you speak of.

USE ONLY STEEL PRODUCTS CO GASKET!!!

I am redoing mine because I bought the cheaper gasket...year one, lamesonz,egay etc....they are all the same. STEEL PRODUCTS manufactures there own and there is a HUGE difference in the way they fit.

I wasted money the first time so learn from me.

You may not have to.....Confusedcuda just had the shop my fatty is at do the conversion.

It looks awesome. You should ask him to post some pics....so nice that he is going ahead with the back one.

The only issues are very small thin gaps below the trim where the bodywork wont match exactly to the trim...at least on his car. But they are so small and the dramatic difference the CHROME (as in polished SS) trim makes VS crappy plastic.

The trim itself covered the flaws on the edges you speak of.

USE ONLY STEEL PRODUCTS CO GASKET!!!

I am redoing mine because I bought the cheaper gasket...year one, lamesonz,egay etc....they are all the same. STEEL PRODUCTS manufactures there own and there is a HUGE difference in the way they fit.

I wasted money the first time so learn from me.

Mop

What do I ask for at STEEL PRODUDTS?

Gaskets for a 68 Ply Barracuda? OR 67 Ply Barracuda?

Tell you what... if you have the part number that would be super nice! LOL!

This is the gasket for the 68-69 barracuda stainless conversion.
Use these gaskets on your 67 with the clip set for 68-69 and this gasket for a perfect fit.

Plymouth Barracuda & Dodge Dart 2dr hardtops

70-2180-50document.write(mkButton("70-2180-50","122.30","Vulcanized windshiel","yr=68&mk=CH&tp=ALL&pk=TN#70-2180-50","hidden"))

$122.30/ea.

This is the gasket for the 68-69 barracuda stainless conversion.
Use these gaskets on your 67 with the clip set for 68-69 and this gasket for a perfect fit.

Plymouth Barracuda & Dodge Dart 2dr hardtops

70-2180-50document.write(mkButton("70-2180-50","122.30","Vulcanized windshiel","yr=68&mk=CH&tp=ALL&pk=TN#70-2180-50","hidden"))

$122.30/ea.

Mop

Can you give me their website link or something.... I can't find it or where to order .. thanks!

https://secure.steelerubber.com/search_frameset.php

Scroll down about halfway till you see vulcanized windshield channel

Part number is 70-2180-50....$122.90

This is probably the exact material the factory used....probably came from here...read up on the company.

They are rubber not vinyl/rubber/sawdust or whatever they use on the 90 dollar ones.

This one fits right and looks factory. I will take pics of mine on Fat Blue Fish Build and show you what wrong with the cheap ones.

Mop

https://secure.steelerubber.com/search_frameset.php

Scroll down about halfway till you see vulcanized windshield channel

Part number is 70-2180-50....$122.90

This is probably the exact material the factory used....probably came from here...read up on the company.

They are rubber not vinyl/rubber/sawdust or whatever they use on the 90 dollar ones.

This one fits right and looks factory. I will take pics of mine on Fat Blue Fish Build and show you what wrong with the cheap ones.

Mop

Mop

Thanks a bunch. I want something that is going to fit and cover good. It sounds like you have already tried the ones that I would have bought (Year One) ... so you say that the Steelrubber are then that's what I'm after.

Steelrubber .....oh ok .... I was looking for steel products co and was getting all kinds of stuff... lol

Yeah pics would be nice.

The problem area on my fastback is on the rear glass gasket... located at the top running across the roof. There is bad gap between the rubber and the roof. I'm hoping that the 68 gasket (steel trim gasket not the push in plastic type) is beefy and going to feel in more around that area.

I used stainless steel from a 68 for my front windshield instead of the plastic. I have not done any replacement of the plastic in the rear window yet. Have been looking for stainless for the rear. I think it looks much better than the plastic and it sure will last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back