67 barracuda Wiring mess!

-

cudajareav

Reaction score
I'm attempting to re-wire my 1967 Barracuda without my dad's help. I have no idea what i'm looking at and all my labels have faded from when we took it apart 6 years ago.

Some direction as to what B and C are and if you could give me a rough idea as to where they might bolt onto would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_6723.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_6721.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 281
B = starter relay/solenoid - left inner fenderwell behind the battery below where the fender tag goes.
C = Horn relay on the inside core support under the right front fender lip to the right of the horns

Attachments

• IMG_1259 (1024x662).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 311
You have a shop manual? That should be the no1 project on your list. Unfortunately, some of the Barracuda wiring is a little special, the Rally cluster, for example.

I'd get an electronic pdf manual, they are for sale here and there on the www.

"Somewhat useful" diagrams are here:

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=31

The thing you are asking about is your starter relay. The two "push on" terminals are the coil terminals of the relay. The yellowish wire comes from the "start" contacts in the ignition switch, and the remaining push on connector runs down to the neutral safety switch on your transmission (automatic).

The big stud is a battery junction as well as one of the relay contacts

The "square" looking terminal is the remaining relay contact (switch) and fires the starter solenoid when the relay is engaged.

Thanks,

Yes i do have a shop manual, it's almost as big as a bible. so i copied the wiring diagram from that.

I've got most of it "in" the engine, i just have to figure out where the ballasts bolt to

I think you should spend time searching for photos of the engine bay of similar cars. I had the same parts on my 64 & 65, but both were installed on the firewall, so they sure moved them around. Not using either relay because I installed a modern relay box in both cars.

Found an article on MoparmuscleMagazine.com. I'll have to look at it tomorrow. I'll touch base with my progress tomorrow as well.

thanks everyone for your help!

I am starting to reassemble my 68. I have new wiring and lots of help from our Id and OR comrades. You can come over and see what goes where.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 236
Rocky and 67Dart seem to know there stuff when it comes to wiring of mopars.... I have been building Mopars for 30+ years and cant remember what they know now...

My first car....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 246
-
Back