67 Barracuda

-

73Charger318

Member Rt 66 Mopar Club
Reaction score
Hello all,

Looking still at trying to buy a driver quality Barracuda. I came across this one, but this fender tag scares me to death. I'm trying to figure out how this fender tag got on the car. It appears to be from a Camaro or a Chevelle. Or possibly a Buick. Rest of the car looks legit and clean. Replacement 273 V8. But not sure about purchasing a car with a false tag. Thoughts?

View attachment 1967_plymouth_barracuda_body-by-fisher-21186.jpg

Just some dummy putting a tag on a car. I was just looking at that car, seems not too shabby, will need interior work, but body seems decent. As long as the vin tag doesn`t look altered and is priced right, I`d buy it. The vin area does look a bit curious though.
This is one that should be eyes on before purchase.

Are you looking for a car that has a correct Fender tag?, or are you concerned that the V.I.N. is fraudulent as well?

From what I could find it's a '77 Buick tag, these are way worse than mopar fender tags to me. If the price is right buy it and throw the tag away.

I see nothing in the VIN that concerns me, just the incorrect fender tag. VIN checks back to a 67 Barracuda with a 273 V8 from factory. Was concerned with a V8 having a 7.25 rear end too, but I guess that was pretty common for an automatic 273 that year.

I also get a 77 Buick tag, but still no explanation as to how and why it's on this car.

I see nothing in the VIN that concerns me, just the incorrect fender tag. VIN checks back to a 67 Barracuda with a 273 V8 from factory. Was concerned with a V8 having a 7.25 rear end too, but I guess that was pretty common for an automatic 273 that year.

I also get a 77 Buick tag, but still no explanation as to how and why it's on this car.

It's on the car due to a previous owner attempting to thumb his (or her) nose at the purists. No need to overthink this.

Your probably right, I find it odd that it looks so worn, like the door was off for 30 years setting in the sun. Mine looks pristine compared to that one.
BID BID BID BUY! BUY! BUY! lol:lol:

I'll bid, you pay. Deal? lol

Hello all,

Looking still at trying to buy a driver quality Barracuda. I came across this one, but this fender tag scares me to death. I'm trying to figure out how this fender tag got on the car. It appears to be from a Camaro or a Chevelle. Or possibly a Buick. Rest of the car looks legit and clean. Replacement 273 V8. But not sure about purchasing a car with a false tag. Thoughts?

View attachment 1715899927
Link the ad.

I see nothing in the VIN that concerns me, just the incorrect fender tag. VIN checks back to a 67 Barracuda with a 273 V8 from factory. Was concerned with a V8 having a 7.25 rear end too, but I guess that was pretty common for an automatic 273 that year...

Very common, unless it was a Commando 4 speed car.

-
Back