67 bucket seat brackets

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
While working under the dart I noticed the front seat bolts were a little loose then I saw what appeared to be outlines of what was maybe a bracket to add support underneath. On the buckets were there under car brackets or braces for added support/strength?

Yes, the bucket seats used plates welded to the top of the floor to reinforce the mounting points. They can be bought or fabricated pretty easily. Here's a pic of mine.

CraigsCutlass001.jpg

nothing under the car...just under the carpet as shown and 2 more for the rear mounts...(not shown)

What gauge or thickness of steel for the reinforcement plates? Thanks.

I have seen them on eBay a few times. I put mine underneath, not sure if that right but it sure stiffened things up.

Not sure about the gauge, maybe 1/8" plate?

Here's the plates on eBay for $40. They can be fabbed a lot cheaper than that.

$_12.JPG

The correct way to mount them is under the carpet, but whatever works for you, they still do the same job.

Thanks BrianT for the under carpet info. Got the seats out to replace foam so will slide them in under the carpet upon install.

So apparently the knucklehead I bought the car from moved the drivers seat forward and drilled holes to remount. Would of been easier to slide the seat forward. Now I have to plug 4 holes and put the seat back. :violent1:

-
Back