67 Commando PCV Question

-

BDR67CUDA

Reaction score
I have a 67 barracuda with a commando 273. I was wondering what the stock PCV valve looked like for this year since the valve cover is a push in type. I know the 66 and earlier commando/charger had a stove pipe with a chrome cap PCV and I was just wondering if for 67 the PCV was just a regular black valve or if it was chrome or unique in some way like the earlier models. I have been looking but haven't been able to find any pics of one on a 67 model.

Nope, I believe they had a plain plastic one, nothing chrome for 67

The correct 67 valve cover should have the pcv in a rubber grommet like all the later models. That valve has a 90 dgrees steel tube on top.
Small details on those Commando valve covers changed a few times over their years.

the correct 67 valve cover should have the pcv in a rubber grommet like all the later models. That valve has a 90 dgrees steel tube on top.
Small details on those commando valve covers changed a few times over their years.
x2

Steve, it came with a pair of 65s -- two stovepipes / no pcv and a smaller wire harness guide on the side -- but after 45+ years we can never really know if it's stock or not. All I do know is that little chrome cover sure cleaned up nice today and the old pcv works again. :-D Their hosts needed a ton of body work (looks like an intake ear got plowed into and dragged across one of them from its 7"x1" dent). They won't be perfect but they'll be better than they looked like when they got here.

View attachment 030 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 031 - Copy.jpg

-
Back