67 Cuda convert windshield trim

-

bluefish1967

Reaction score
All of the pictures of 67 convertible barracudas I have do not show any chrome moulding on the lower section of the windshield. But all of my pictures of hardtops and fastbacks do show moulding on the bottom. My convert does not have any, just the side and top pieces
Talked to several vendors at the Monster Mopar show in Indy last weekend, they all told me that 67 converts had a piece of chrome-type tape on the bottom. I'm trying to determine what I need, and where to buy it. Thanks in advance. Larry

All 67 models had a chrome looking lock strip all the way around front and rear windows. All 67, 68, 69 convertibles had a similar piece along the bottom of their windshield.
That material shrinks and yellows with age. Most owners peeled it out and tossed it. and the car usually looks better without it. The gasket will probably leak though.

Attachments

• CM8Molding.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 119
  • DartWSChrome (Small).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 122
Thanks for the info and pictures. I'll give Year One a call.
How dififcult is it to install? I may have to take all of the trim off, the windshield was leaking in the rain on the way back from Indy. Larry

it's fairly simple to install. Just a push in deal.

Thanks for the info and pictures. I'll give Year One a call.
How dififcult is it to install? I may have to take all of the trim off, the windshield was leaking in the rain on the way back from Indy. Larry

Its not difficult to install, just frustrating. Its best if you can install it on a hot, sunny day. The windshield gasket is much more pliable then. Use a plastic windshield installer stick, and also use some liquid dish soap. The lockstrip will slide in way easier that way.

Attachments

• WindshieldInstallStick.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 105
-
Back