67 Cuda drag car

-
WOW 8 seconds that things gonna be movin holy crap my god i cant wait to see it all done your gonna have to make a video and share with us that is gonna be freakin sweet

THANKS! I dont think i will race it on the street...but that was my original intention. It has 12.5 CR so i can burn a mix of 110/94 for street cruising. I will see about posting a vid when we get it running!

Man, that thing is eye poppin mad!!

Can't wait to see video of that car in action.

Thanks, man...thats just the effect i hope it has on people. I cant wait to see it all together and blastin' down the track!8)

DANG THAT THINGS GONNA BE STREET LEAGAL OMG i would be scared to pull up along side of you lol man that will be one bad *** car on the street chew up them lil rice burners heck ya thats is SWEET
Thanks dude, theres a heavy street racing scene around here, theres a Corvette with little chief heads on juice that runs in low 9s so thats why wanted to run in the 8s. My motor is'nt built for juice..it might handle a 150 hp shot...1000hp is about all my crank and rods would take.:naka::grin:

Thanks, man...thats just the effect i hope it has on people. I cant wait to see it all together and blastin' down the track!8)

I'd like to park mine next to yours.

4-12.jpg

I'd like to park mine next to yours.

4-12.jpg

cudaspaz, i have been watching your progress for a few years, too, and it has turned out beautifully! I would be honored to have your car parked next to me.

Made some progress on the car...It has been a year and altho not alot has been accomplished they were things that required time consuming fitment.

The exhaust has been under way for a while, we now have headers and a complete 4" "system" ready to bolt in:

cuda010.jpg

cuda011.jpg

Got some plug wires, coil, belts, fuel line, fan, rad hose hooke up.

cuda004.jpg

cuda003.jpg

Got the shifter cable hooked up to the trans and the gauges and dash all installed.

cuda001.jpg

Every time you post hear you give me hope and the willingness to continue to work on my barracuda.Keep up the good work and post more pictures. Mark

Every time you post hear you give me hope and the willingness to continue to work on my barracuda.Keep up the good work and post more pictures. Mark

hey, thanks, Mark, i am glad to hear you say that! Thats why i post these things..in the hope that others will somehow be helped or encouraged. Ofcourse, "atta boys" are always nice to hear too..lol

As far as the front end goes, we have everything. Just waiting to get all the loose ends tied up(soon!) and the front will go back on. Namely, we have to tackle the wiring next. I have a painless pro street kit that we'll be using.

I'll post more pix as things progress!8)

~Dave

very cool car!! I love huge *** exhaust systems like that! I'm thinking about building a 3 inch oval system for my dart, but not sure yet...

Made some progress on the car...It has been a year and altho not alot has been accomplished they were things that required time consuming fitment.

The exhaust has been under way for a while, we now have headers and a complete 4" "system" ready to bolt in:

cuda010.jpg

cuda011.jpg

Got some plug wires, coil, belts, fuel line, fan, rad hose hooke up.

cuda004.jpg

cuda003.jpg

Got the shifter cable hooked up to the trans and the gauges and dash all installed.

cuda001.jpg
what brand are the mufflers you are using

What color is she? I don't know what color mine is but it looks close to yours in some pics. I think you have a touch more orange in yours,I like it!8)

Thanks alot guys for all the kudos! Helps to know I am on the right path with this car.

If you are thinking about a 3" exhaust system, I say "do it"! I had a 3" system on my Challenger and loved it...will never go back to 2.5".

These muffs are from Dynatech. They are called "Split Flow"..reason is they have a divider/baffel running lengthwise down the center of the muff...thats it, otherwise completely straight thru. The other muff I wanted was the Borla, but too many $$$...gotta save some bux somewhere! lol

The headers(2.25 into 4" collector) are custom made by a local racer and are ceramic coated in black(good to 2000 deg). The extensions are also coated and then we welded them to the muffs.

What color is she? I don't know what color mine is but it looks close to yours in some pics. I think you have a touch more orange in yours,I like it!8)

That is Viper Red! Yes, it does look "orangey" in direct sunlight. Thanks! i really like it too...i thought of many colors, including graphics, but nothing seemed "right". This red is one of the most expensive paints out there, but i think it was worth it! ;)

Just a quick question or 2. Will you be handling the driving chores? What class will it run in?

-
Back