67 Cuda

-
If you are sticking with 67 style gasket (one year only) I think Steele rubber company or try metro. That style uses a plastic lockstrip and it shrinks worse than a midget doing the Polar Plunge.
IF you want a better version you can try a 68-9 gasket but now need clips and stainless steel trim.
I have a used 67 gasket ($50 + ship)if you are interested.
Cheers
Steve
Edit IMO the 68 up style gasket is better but the trim is pricey if you can find it.

If you are sticking with 67 style gasket (one year only) I think Steele rubber company or try metro. That style uses a plastic lockstrip and it shrinks worse than a midget doing the Polar Plunge.
IF you want a better version you can try a 68-9 gasket but now need clips and stainless steel trim.
I have a used 67 gasket ($50 + ship)if you are interested.
Cheers
Steve
Edit IMO the 68 up style gasket is better but the trim is pricey if you can find it.

Steve - Sent you a PM

Well, it saw the light of day for the 1st time in over a decade.

[ame="https://youtu.be/qBSDLCSV_Kg"]https://youtu.be/qBSDLCSV_Kg[/ame]

Is that the ws gasket I sold you?? Lol
No offense meant here but your car reminds me of "smash up derby" we played as kids. It looks awesome as is and sound great too!

Is that the ws gasket I sold you?? Lol
No offense meant here but your car reminds me of "smash up derby" we played as kids. It looks awesome as is and sound great too!

None taken. It's a long slow process when $$ is limited around here. That gasket will work for now but I'll need to replace it eventually.

Had a pretty bad tire rub on the front fenders...so I cut a pic slice out of the front of each fender... problem solved.

20160402_110439.jpg
20160402_112358.jpg
20160402_154254.jpg

Just needs a windshield and reverse lights installed. Any hints on the best way to install a windshield? Where to buy the best/correct gasket/seal?

I had good luck with Rock Auto,for my Scamp windshield weather strip. Tamraz on EBay seems to be a favorite here on FABO.Nice work!

Just needs a windshield and reverse lights installed. Any hints on the best way to install a windshield? Where to buy the best/correct gasket/seal?

about time lol

Just shrink wrap it around the posts from side to side that should work. but on a serious note its looking great and I hope someday i can cruise with you and mike.

Took it down the road for it's safety inspection (required prior to obtaining plates).
[ame="https://youtu.be/NptknxWEsJY"]https://youtu.be/NptknxWEsJY[/ame]

I don't think it will look rite, to square for the rest of the lines. Just me though. looking and sounding good.
Yeah.. .I wasn't going to use it as is...was planning to butcher it up pretty good to make it fit both the top of the trunk lines as well as the angles on the end of the trunk. However, after looking at this some more...I'm just gonna sell it on eBay..double my $$ :)

The wing on the rear fits the body nicely to my eye. Admitting it would look better on a notchback deck lid. I'm wondering what it came from. You'll take 10 for it ? Double your money back. LOL
No center console should have side skirts on inboard sides of bucket seats. Finding those in the correct metallic red will be a challenge. If you need the formula to have that color mixed in a RTS at a SEMs dealer, I have it.

Last edited:
The wing on the rear fits the body nicely to my eye. Admitting it would look better on a notchback deck lid. I'm wondering what it came from. You'll take 10 for it ? Double your money back. LOL
No center console should have side skirts on inboard sides of bucket seats. Finding those in the correct metallic red will be a challenge. If you need the formula to have that color mixed in a RTS at a SEMs dealer, I have it.
I actually have a console that came in this car and is red... I just don't like it much. I'd also have to butcher it a bit since it was originally for an automatic and my shifter is a straight shifter, not offset...so I'd have to modify that as well.

Yeah the OEM console is, for all practice purposes, worthless. Homemade or grafted substitute center console with armrest and cup holder(s) are more useful. I don't have the correct red automatic console for my 67 vert project. Already cut its console mounts out. Column shift is or was my plan. Do have all 4 red dress shields here.

-
Back