67 Dart 2 door hardtop rear window info

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So I've had the trim to convert my 67 2 door hardtop Dart to the 68+ style gasket for a while now, but just saw that justmopar.com has the front windshield gasket with brand new lockstrip available. I realize the later style trim is probably the nicer option, but I'm not terribly fond of the idea of drilling all the holes for the clips to hold the 68+ trim and am thinking I may just get the new 67 stuff to avoid the hassle.

That being said, I'm still confused about what the rear is supposed to look like. Most places I look up new gaskets at don't list the 67 rear. I am fairly certain that the rear gasket does not use the same style lockstrip as the front windshield, but I can't really find any pictures to compare. Most places talk more about the Barracuda and the fastback, which is not what I have. Is the 67 Dart 2 door hardtop the same as the 68/69 as far as rear windows are concerned? There is some trim that came on my car when I got it, but the lower pieces are not installed and don't appear to have any clips to install them with. Did the 67 even use trim at all or was it just a bare gasket from the factory?

The way I remember this the 67 front/ rear both have lockstrips, and 68 later both ends have trim. The 68 gasket is ugly without trim, and the 67 must have a lockstrip to seal

I've been trying to find videos and pictures online, but I'm never sure what sort of work has been done on any car I find. From this picture though it looks an awful lot like the regular 68+ style trim on the back.
931189.jpg

My '67 has the 68/69 style rear glass gasket trim that I'm sure it came with. I converted the windshield to this as well. It was pretty easy if you're already torn down in there anyway.

EF15C29D-852E-4A41-8499-7B3CB63A2845.jpeg

I have a 67 and it has a 68-69 style molding and seal in the rear from the factory. I got the new seal from Classic Industires. I also converted the front to the 68 style. Was very easy to do. The one thing I can say is you may need to do a little body work on the window frame in the lower corners. The 67 gasket covers where the a-pillars meet up to the cowl, the 68-69 dont seem to.

Cheers

Huh, wonder why they don't list 67 on most of the rear gaskets they sell then. By the way, beautiful color on that car!

-
Back