67 Dart A/C-Heater

-

dave273dart

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I pulled the a/c-heater from under the dash. When I installed it in 2006 there was no dash, a really easy job. I thought it was going to be a bear with the dash, wiring and everything in, but it was not a bad job at all. I disconnected the a/c conections along with the heater hoses, removed the glove box and the radio and removed the nuts from under the hood (4 which hold the heater box and 2 that hold the a/c fitting in place. I color coded and numbered the electrical and used string tages and sticky tags to identify the vac hoses. When I redid the a/c-heater in 2005 I replaced some of the vac hoses for the actuators and any others that needed to be replaced. I color coded the replaced hoses (with paint) so they would match the old. As soon as my evaporator comes back from Classic Auto Air I can put it all back together and install the a/c-heater. It was cheaper to buy a new heater core then have mine rebuilt (same Warrenty). I bought my a/c-heater gasket set from Detroit Muscle. I bought my heater core from Classic Radiator and Heaters. By the way, in 2005 I did have my heater core and evaporator checked. I should have replaced them at the time ( I don't remember heater cores or evaporators) being available for a 67 Dart (A-Body) bach then.

It really turned out to be much easier then I originally thouht. I am 69 and I did it myself (pulling it from under the dash). Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone gets frustrated or discouraged with restoration.

Dave

-
Back