67' Dart Front Dash Speaker Replacement?

-

Elwood67

Reaction score
I was just replacing all the dash bulbs in the dart and looked up and saw the bottom of the front speaker. Looks like an odd long & narrow size? What size is it and is it available new anywhere? Not sure if it works but, while I have the dash apart, I figure now is the time to replace it. Thanks guys.

4x10.. dont waste your time. Get a piece of sheet metal, trace your old speaker outline and mounting holes then cut accommodations for a pair of smaller 3 ways. the 4x10s are crap

Those options sound good to me guys. Thanks. I've had good luck & even like the sound of entry level Pioneer speakers, so I might just get them in 3 1/2"'s. Thanks again!

Here is a link to a company that sells new speakers for old cars. They have the Mopar 4 x 10 speakers. If you are using the factory '67 radio you might need to make sure the 3 1/2 speakers are compatible. The 4 x 10 is a 8-10 ohm speaker and the newer speakers are 4 ohm. I have read that the 4 ohm speakers can burn up the tubes in the factory radio. Just food for thought. Here is the link: http://turnswitch.com/speakers.htm

hi i am 17. Can you pull the dash all the way out in a 1967 dart? To put speakers in its kinda hard to reach all the way in there to put new ones in.....

hi i am 17. Can you pull the dash all the way out in a 1967 dart? To put speakers in its kinda hard to reach all the way in there to put new ones in.....

It can be done, but trust me, it's much easier to get to the two nuts that hold the speaker in than it is to get the whole dash out.

im not sure where i heard it ......but i am sure that i heard someone say before that Radio Shack has a speaker that will fit directly in place of the original ......i think its "realistic" brand ....from radio Shack only........i was going to try that when the time comes but my dash is still in a thousand pieces and prolly will be like that for a long time LOL

Also Retro Radio makes a dual voice coil 4 x 10 for our cars that sounds great!

4x10 speakers aren't rare, but most are single cone speakers. I guess if you're playing a forty year old AM radio through them, they would be alright?

You just wire the left set to the left channel and same for the right. If you don't have left and right channels you could run jumpers from the left to left and right to right. That kind of defeats the dual voice coils though.

You just wire the left set to the left channel and same for the right. If you don't have left and right channels you could run jumpers from the left to left and right to right. That kind of defeats the dual voice coils though.
Thanks

-
Back