67 Dart front marker light question

-

BPTracing

Reaction score
I have newly acquired a fairly original 1967 Dodge Dart. While not perfect, it is in "better than average" condition. I am going through the car to make it a dependable driver for now. While checking the lights, I noticed the front parking lights go out when I turn on the Headlights. Turn signals still work, but no parking lights. Is this "Normal"? I have owned 68 and 69 barracudas and the front lights were on with the headlights.

20231018_182137.jpg

That is the way they are wired. You can change that, exactly the way the factory did. The headlight switches have a separate terminal for the tail and for the park lamps. All "Ma" did in later years was simply move the park lamp wire from the "P" terminal on the switch over to the tail lamp terminal. Of course you'll have to do a little splice if that is what you decide.

That is the way they are wired. You can change that, exactly the way the factory did. The headlight switches have a separate terminal for the tail and for the park lamps. All "Ma" did in later years was simply move the park lamp wire from the "P" terminal on the switch over to the tail lamp terminal. Of course you'll have to do a little splice if that is what you decide.
That will save me some confusion when I get to my Dart.

-
Back