'67 Dart GT - Before & After Progress Pics...

-

Beatnik

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a B4 pic and some after pics after cleaning up a few issues w/ ride height and removal of extra trim and bumperettes that I was not fond of. What do you think? I'm going for the 'no frills' look from the outside. Next step is to go BBP and get some steel wheels and dog dish caps. Took these at a farm near my house yesterday. (B4 pic is in my driveway just after I bought the Dart this past May)

Dart B4.JPG

Dart 4.jpg

Dart 1.JPG

Dart 2.JPG

Dart 5.JPG

Dart 6.JPG

Looks great. I'm a big fan of "less is more" too. My bumperettes and side moulding are coming off very soon and I should be putting on my cop car rallies in a few weeks. Keep it simple!!

Thanks guys! Hey, nothing wrong with the lowered stance thing, it's just not my thing. Your Duster looks nice though! I can appreciate the work that goes into getting it that way! That's a hell of a burnout on your myspace page...

What did you do to raise the rear end of the car?
The new stance is just PERFECT if ya ask me!

George

Thanks guys...

George- I just replaced my 6 cyl worn our leafs /w some 002/003 S/S leafs from Mancini. The front I just adjusted the T-bars up some.

Now I need to replace the shocks w/ some KYB's. It looks right, but handling and road manners are not very good still!

Thanks again guys.

Definately go with a 340! Runs good in my car! But it's also all I know.

71DartGuy- There's usually 340's for sale on Moparts, I would think you'd be able to find one...?

Here's an engine pic. I've since replaced my mast. cyl with a new alluminum version that looks nice and converted to a K&N extreme lid but other than that it's the same. I should get some fresh engine bay pics though. Winter plans include:
-Shorten up heater hoses
-Paint and install RPM air-gap intake & ported X heads
-Install new fuel pump w/ Russel pro-classic black braided line
-OEM black wrinkle finish air cleaner
-TurboStart OEM "look" green cap battery
-New FyreWyre's

P1010027.JPG

I'll have to check that site out, thanks for the tip. That car looks just as good under the hood as it does on the outside- Nice work.

Thanks again!

OMG are telling me you've never been on Moparts.com...? You gotta go check it out. Between FABO and Moparts I can kill many hours just browsing through ad's and posts.

"Hi my name is Brian, yes i have a problem. I'm addicted to all things Mopar"

Yea the Mopars are pretty addicting. I was a Chevy guy by default growing up in MI. My best buddy's Dad had a fire engine red 55 Nomad wagon that we cruised in so I was exposed to Chevy's from the start and consequently bought a 69 Camaro and 72 Chevelle. He later sold the Nomad to Tim Allen of Tool Time fame. You may have seen it on the show? That's my 1 and only claim to fame...I spent alot of time in the 55 Tim Allen now owns. ;-)

Back to Mopars. I just realized after helping my buddy find a 68 Charger at Woodward Dream Cruise about 9 years ago that Mopars were way cooler than Chevy's. It just hit me, and after I started to really learn makes and models and history I was gone....a 100% Mopar convert. When I bought my Dodge and told my Mom she was like
"Oh you bought a Dodge? I remember when I was young if you drove a Dodge you were considered a 'bad boy'. Only the greasers and bad boys drove Dodges...!" She was there in the 60's during the heydey...

Right then and there I knew I had bought the right car!

I hear ya on the mopars and chevys.Cool story.My first memory of chevys is when I was 6 years old. A good friend of mine lived across the street from us.His older brother had three 70 Z's.A blk with wht stripes,a wht. with blk. stripes and a all blk. pure drag car.Used to go over and watch him work on them.Every week,just before he loaded up for the races, he would take the drag Z for a test run right down Ave. C.He would rip it!!Will never forget those four tail lights.

Hey gang - Just thought I'd post another update since I know everyone likes pics. Over Christmas break I got Daywalker's steelies I bought off him and stripped then blasted the pits and had them powdercoated by a friend and new Dodge caps from Classic Chambered added. Here's some pics as I just got them on the other day. I definately like these better than my Rallye's, and the black powdercoat looks almost nicer than my paint! Definately an improvement, let me know what you think? Should I go 6-pack or Hemi black-out hood next? Hood is off in these pics for an intake, fuel pump etc swap...

I debated going w/ Hemi orange on the wheels to match- but decided on black. I think it gives it a little "tougher" look...

Just wish I had more time to spend working on things...!

IMG_2067-2.JPG

IMG_2070-2.JPG

Thanks! I'm glad I went w/ black too. Plus, when I go BBP in the rear for some 255/60/15's they will be easier to sell to a fellow Moparite! LOL. Not too many people looking for orange steelies I'd say, but black goes with just about everything.

What condition were the wheel lip mouldings that you took off? If you still have them what would you want for them?That is if they are in good condition.

What condition were the wheel lip mouldings that you took off? If you still have them what would you want for them?That is if they are in good condition.

If your referring to the Rallye's they are gone...sold to an FABO member in order to get the steelies.

Do you still have the bumperettes? If so, and they're in good shape, I would be interested in those.

I was going to ask you if the wheel lip moldings were for sale as well, but I think that is what MattsMopars is asking about.

Your car looks perfect to me.
I would do the HEMI hood, in black, with hood pins.

I plan to build the same car as that, only it'll be a 69 Dart with a black vinyl top.
Let me know about the bumperettes! [email protected]

George

-
Back