67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-
Sweet, let us know if the yoke works. More car ****!!!!!
The yoke to a 727 is the right one. They say it also has the 30 spline. Had to supply different measurements and they will have the driveshaft done in 24 hrs. They even shipped me the u-joint to make sure we were going to have the right one. I installed it for fitment and it was good.
U-Joint.jpg

Very trustworthy company. I called them and they just sent the u-joint out and will make the Driveshaft without me giving them a Penny. I will say that I have herd good things about them. Was told that the product is good and reliable. We shall see.
On the other hand I am trying to get the tranny to wake up and the son of a gun dont want to do so. We have hooked everything up, have power everywere we are supposed to have power and ground and it is not responding. We were able to read that the shifter is recognized and it will show when I move the shifter but nothing else. It is driving me crazy. It sucks because I will have the driveshaft tommorow and the tranny is being a ***** now.

Just a crazy thoght, but I'm assuming you dont have a trans fluid in it. This could be why it's not doing anything( think limp mode).But this is just an ASSumption.

Yeah it does have fluid. It is driving me crazy. Like you say it seems like it is in limp mode. I am going to take off for a couple of days this weekend and hopefully I will rest enough to go back at it.

Whoa, what's this taking off stuff? You have an obligation to get this thing done (pictures posted) not only to yourself but also to US. There will be plenty of time for rest when we all pass on, until then, get crackin'. Just some late night humor, relax and enjoy yourself. The car will be there when you get back.

Well, are you back at it, or do you need more time to relax?

Get off the "Lazy Boy" already.

Hey Lime, what are you, On Strike? or are you just so busy working on the car that you don't have time to get on the computer and waste valuable time, like us!

Well, are you back at it, or do you need more time to relax?
8)8)8)8) :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Well Guys I am Back. I really needed this time off. But as always you come back to more B.S. Today I received the Driveshaft from Advance Driveline in Orlando, Fl and it actually looks good. It is rated to hold up to 650hp. So they Say. I bet it will take more abuse than that. I also drove out to the car and tried it on and fits like a glove. I love it. Shipped and all Driveshaft,Yoke and U-Joint set me back $307.00. A Guy by the name of George Sent me a U-Joint To try it out. I did and it worked. That day they said they would start making it and unfortunately they had run out of the H/D U-Joints and ordered them. He said he would have it ready for Friday AM and they couldnt. He called me as I was on my way to My trip and he said he would ship it and get the info on the credit card later. Well today I received it and he still has not called. I guess tomorrow i will call him to pay for it. They well deserve to get paid for what they manufactured and on top of that it was perfect. So now it is time to continue working on the Car.
Driveshaft9.jpg

Glad to see the yoke worked out for ya.

Glad to see the yoke worked out for ya.

Yeah it did work out. Hopefully tomorow I will get started again on the car. Have had lots of work this week. Lets see if I can get you some **** for the weekend. I know you get off with it. LOL Also need to work on the tranny. As I mentioned before I cant get it to wake up. We shall see.

Just go down to the local hardware store and get yourself a "BFH". Then show the trans the "BFH" and try it 1 more time, if it still does not work, introduce the two to each other, lol.

One other thought, do you have the brake "box" hooked up? The trans needs this signal for it to work.

Maybe I should show it the BFH to see if it would do something. Well today I finally installed the driveshaft and got rid of two leaks. One on the diff pan and the front seal. I figured let me see if the tranny would do something so I started the car and put it on drive and the wheels moved forward and then put it on reverse and they went backward. I said to my self I guess I got it going. I tried it again and nothing happened. Checked the liquids and noticed that it was low. Filled it up again and walla it ran again. Now at this point I was looking to see if the gears would change and noticed that I am on one gear. So now I need to troubleshoot to see why it doesnt switch gears. Once I get that going I will have to make sure the brake lines are good and take her for a drive. My problem is figuring why it doesnt switch. I am getting close to the BFH.

Since it's a 5spd. trans, you need to make sure the gear selector is hitting all the detents in the trans. I'm using a b&m and I took out a stop on the shifter so I could get all gears, basically I have the shifter set up for a gm trans. My dad and I checked to make sure it hits all the trans detents buy adjusting the cable, took about 1/2 hour to get it right, but it's spot on now. So double check to make sure your getting all the detents on the trans. Hope this helps.

All detents are falling in place. Still woundering if it could be the computer for the tranny. At this point I still have no comunication with it. Yesterday I Installed the front brake lines also customized to keep them away from the wheels. Used the cadillac catera brake lines and drilled the bolt hole bigger and also had to cut down on the hollow bolt. I am lucky that I know the people fron Advance Auto Parts, they let me go in the back and look at all the ones they had and I chose those. Was able to bleed them and now I got brakes. :toothy10:

Getting closer, I bet you can taste it! Is the trans filter clogged? Just asking cuase ya never know if these things were forgotten or overlooked.

Stupid question, but do you have ALL wires plugged in the trans?

The tranny we cleaned and installed new filters and made sure evrything was good and it has fluids all the way and does not leak at all. We Hooked up the DRB and it even shows on the engine management side that the shifter has been moved to the correct gears. We started the car yesterday and was able to shift it down and up but for some reason I dont even feel the tranny shifting when it is supposed to by itself. We are planning to borrow the DRB again and check now if the tranny computer is up and running. I am Telling you the BFH sounds good by the day. LOL

I'm out of suggestions, wish i knew more. Keep plugging away at it, it will probably be a simple little thing and you'll say ' DOH '!!

Have you done the " Homer Simpson" yet?

-
Back