67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-
Not yet. Stil doing trial and error. My throttle body decided to take a dump and stop working. My buddy has another one on order. Unbelievable now chrysler is making less parts and we have been waiting to receive it. They are taking their sweet time since the sale to Fiat. Sucks
Why meeeeeeeeee.............lol

If it's not one thing it's another, I feel your pain.

Is this a ported or stock tb?

Stock. Remember its coming from chrysler or should I say Fiat. Because the time it is taking it seems like it is from Fiat. LOL My buddy has a car in his shop waiting on parts since last month and still waiting.

Well this could end all your troubles since the tb and trans are connected to the computer and feed off each other. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Well for my luck I found a second throttle body that a friend mechanic had since he replaced a 5.7 that went out hurting really bad. It sucked water thru the intake and the rods decided to give the guy a visit thru the side of the block. Two big holes on the sides of the block. Too my luck he ordered another engine that had everything on it and I got the honors of getting the throttle body. I also asked him for the rest and he will see if he has a core or not if not then I will have a second motor. I am thinking that on that one I can do all the bells and whistles slowly but surely. Hum not a bad Idea.
As I was going to install the throtle body it turns out that it did not fit. First off the one from a truck is totally different than the one that goes in a car so now I am back to square one. They look the same but the body of the one from the car is slightly smaller and the bolt holes dont match up. Now you tell me if this aint BS.
I am back to the drawing board.

I ran into the same problem, but being the stobborn S.O.B. that Iam, I drilled the holes slighty bigger in the truck tb to match the car intake and bingo, it fit and works really good. I know this does not solve your dilemma, but for future reference, it could help. If you could get the motor do it, and build up as a back up to what you have. Also if you decide to run the car intake set up, let me know, I still have the program for machining spacers to put the car intake on the truck engine, then you will need to move the alt. and ac compressor futher out and get a shorter belt. Not difficult to do, and it works.

Hey lime I have a complete intake manifold with throttle body and engine harness off a 05 300c can post pics if interested

Well for my luck I found a second throttle body that a friend mechanic had since he replaced a 5.7 that went out hurting really bad. It sucked water thru the intake and the rods decided to give the guy a visit thru the side of the block. Two big holes on the sides of the block. Too my luck he ordered another engine that had everything on it and I got the honors of getting the throttle body. I also asked him for the rest and he will see if he has a core or not if not then I will have a second motor. I am thinking that on that one I can do all the bells and whistles slowly but surely. Hum not a bad Idea.
As I was going to install the throtle body it turns out that it did not fit. First off the one from a truck is totally different than the one that goes in a car so now I am back to square one. They look the same but the body of the one from the car is slightly smaller and the bolt holes dont match up. Now you tell me if this aint BS.
I am back to the drawing board.

Hey Lime, I have access to a machine shop, if you need the holes modified, let me know..

I ran into the same problem, but being the stobborn S.O.B. that Iam, I drilled the holes slighty bigger in the truck tb to match the car intake and bingo, it fit and works really good. I know this does not solve your dilemma, but for future reference, it could help. If you could get the motor do it, and build up as a back up to what you have. Also if you decide to run the car intake set up, let me know, I still have the program for machining spacers to put the car intake on the truck engine, then you will need to move the alt. and ac compressor futher out and get a shorter belt. Not difficult to do, and it works.

I forgot to say that the electrical connector(truck harness) is ever so slightly different than the car tb, so plug and play will not work, but you can make it work if your willing to try it. The plug will not fully engage the tb(car) but if you make 6 leads and then hook them onto the tb(car), it should be real easy to figure what wire needs to go where.

Guys were are still working on the throtle body situation. I am going to remove the intake and perhaps see if the gasket there is broken or something, because it is hard to beleive that the throtle body would go bad that easy. I was talking to Dave Weber and he seems to think the same. He has not herd of any throtle bodies going bad yet. I am only thinking this because after we got the oil flowing the motor was rebbed a few times and that is the only thing that could have happened. So back to the drawing board. We shall see.

Keep us posted, very interested.

Have you found out anything yet?

Nothing Yet. This weekend my buddy gets the DRB and we will check everything with the computer. He said that this weekend we have to get it running. It has been very hard for him to get ahold of the computer. So we shall see what will happen. I am as anxious as you guys to get her going.

Ok, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for ya, but let us know asap when you get it figured out, I wont be worth much at work until the blood flows back to the fingers/toes. On a serious note, hopefully you will get it all sorted out.

Well guys today we worked on the car and finally got the tranny shifting normaly. We had a code in it and it turned out that the tranny relay we installed was bad (and it was new). Figure that one out! So when we attached the DRB it was in limb mode. Installed new relay, cleared the code and walla. As far as the ideling I still have a problem. While the car is on Reverse and or Drive it works fine. It will iddle fine. Once it is put on Neutral it will shut off. It wont hold iddle at that point. We adjust the iddle with the computer and it will iddle fine till we put it on gear and it goes back to the same. So we think that the problem must be the Oxigen Sensors. I dont have any inn yet so that will be our next step. We will install the sensors and hope that the system will see them and work properly. Here is were we stand at this time. So any advise out there that would help would also be appreciated.

Make double damn sure you have ALL sensors plugged, wired, put together, so on so forth, as these computes read off one another. Hell, triple check it if you have to. Now take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning.

Sounds like your making progress. Won't be long before you'll be tearing up some asphalt...

Well, did it work or is there something else not doing what it should? I'll cross my fingers and toes again, real hard to drive to work that way.

:burnout:Getting ready for that burn out. Waiting on the O2 Sensors. Lets see how long it will take for those to come inn. I am almost positive that it will solve the problem. With the Cam and the Headers it is going crazy on iddle and when it is on gear it is in the Safe Mode.
So all I have to say is that it is up to Chrysler to bring them inn. :clock:

Go down to your localauto parts store and get what ya need, probably cheaper too.

-
Back