67 Dart Tail panel differences?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I bought a really clean and mostly original 67 Dart GT 273 auto car 12 years ago. Since then I have not been able to find a tail panel to replace the one I have. Something fell on the panel and put a scratch/gouge in it before I bought it. It's a rough textured panel with GT on the right. I have all but given up to find a nice panel. This one would take a magician to fix it. It seems its a rare 1 year only panel I guess. Just curious how many panels there were in 67.

I bought a really clean and mostly original 67 Dart GT 273 auto car 12 years ago. Since then I have not been able to find a tail panel to replace the one I have. Something fell on the panel and put a scratch/gouge in it before I bought it. It's a rough textured panel with GT on the right. I have all but given up to find a nice panel. This one would take a magician to fix it. It seems its a rare 1 year only panel I guess. Just curious how many panels there were in 67.
i may have a really nice one it will be high ill look in the morning

I saw a perfect one at Carlisle this year for $250.... I said I'd come back at lunch... and..... we know the rest of the story. I never see them on ebay.

Your correct, 1 year and hard to come by. I've been looking but not searching for a few years and have yet to find one better than the one I have.

Good luck.

I have also been keeping an eye out for one for 6 years now. I seen someone in the summer at Columbus Ohio that restores them but the price scared me, but maybe one day. Till then I keep an eye open

I have a 67 dart and had the same problem. I ended up changing mine to a 69 truck( less trim) but then found a place called Obsolete Parts out of Fairmont Ga. they have a few 67 tail panel trims for a 67. It should be a panel with the gt logo on the right, like you said and then a four piece upper and lower trim. I found out that the four pieces could be used on any corner because they are all the same. The parts place has a website and they are good people, all they deal with is Mopar.

Your correct, 1 year and hard to come by. I've been looking but not searching for a few years and have yet to find one better than the one I have.

Good luck.

X2!

20150625 044 (Medium).jpg

-
Back