67 dart windshield trim/seal?

-
I got my corner peices off EBay last year. They were NOS and in the orginal pkg. I got all 4 for $30.00. Lucked out I guess.

At $7.50 Each? I guess you did luck out, unless they are manufactured in CAN and we are pay the standard "Double price" to ship across! LOL!!
Love Your avitar car!!! Way cool color too!! real sharp.:cheers:

When I found mine I was dam glad to get them. I almost paid $100.00 for 4!!

The 67 windshields look great when they are first done new!

At $7.50 Each? I guess you did luck out, unless they are manufactured in CAN and we are pay the standard "Double price" to ship across! LOL!!
Love Your avitar car!!! Way cool color too!! real sharp.:cheers:

When I found mine I was dam glad to get them. I almost paid $100.00 for 4!!

The 67 windshields look great when they are first done new!

Yeah I did not realize how lucky I was until I saw the prices this year. Wish I was smarter when I was younger and kept those things when they fell off. But when your 16 it is the least of your worries. Thanks for comments about my car I am very happy with it, and the colour HH1 Dark Copper Metallic is the orginal colour and not too common in 1967. Good luck with the windshield and make sure you post some pics when done!

got my lockstrip today! 170 bucks shipped. corner pieces on the way, and those cost me $85 for all four. Thanks John for the piece of lockstrip that u sent me. I verified the stuff lockstip I bought from Ebay, and it is the correct stuff! 8)

cant wait to see the "finished product" once I paint her n get that window all reinstalled. I know my car will never be "finished" because there is always somethiung else that you wana do to you car. but I can't wait til she is driveable!

Good Luck Fred. I had the same dilema and bought a 68 set from a member here of the chroe trim with all the screws. Gaskets in and well see if I can find a competent shop to do the work. Have Fun. Dean

Looks fun! When I picked up my 67 Gt someone took ALL of the trim off of it. I have the windsheild and gasket but the lock strip is missing.

Looks fun! When I picked up my 67 Gt someone took ALL of the trim off of it. I have the windsheild and gasket but the lock strip is missing.

good luck finding that lockstrip! I waited around for a while before a fellow FABO member showed me where I could find that 67 lockstrip on Ebay. I'm glad i didn't have to convert everything to a 68 gasket setup..

got my lockstrip today! 170 bucks shipped. corner pieces on the way, and those cost me $85 for all four. Thanks John for the piece of lockstrip that u sent me. I verified the stuff lockstip I bought from Ebay, and it is the correct stuff! 8)

cant wait to see the "finished product" once I paint her n get that window all reinstalled. I know my car will never be "finished" because there is always somethiung else that you wana do to you car. but I can't wait til she is driveable!

DANG!!!
Please tell us where to get it!!!!
Who did ya score the lockstrip from??

Yeah I did not realize how lucky I was until I saw the prices this year. Wish I was smarter when I was younger and kept those things when they fell off. But when your 16 it is the least of your worries. Thanks for comments about my car I am very happy with it, and the colour HH1 Dark Copper Metallic is the orginal colour and not too common in 1967. Good luck with the windshield and make sure you post some pics when done!

Hey fredsmedina
Not intending a hijak but I just noticed I can repaint BOF this cool color!

Hey 67dartgt340! Check the pics!!!!!
Check my 67's fender paint code! I told ABB I wanted to paint her the original color but she didn't think it would look this good!!!
I'm buying paint for BOF!!!!:cheers: WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hey fredsmedina
Not intending a hijak but I just noticed I can repaint BOF this cool color!

Hey 67dartgt340! Check the pics!!!!!
Check my 67's fender paint code! I told ABB I wanted to paint her the original color but she didn't think it would look this good!!!
I'm buying paint for BOF!!!!:cheers: WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Alright finally another brother to the HH1 club! You tell her it is a great colour and you can play with the amount of copper metallic in it if you please. I just went stock though! Right on glad to see my 67 was not a misfit!

DANG!!!
Please tell us where to get it!!!!
Who did ya score the lockstrip from??

I gave Fred the link because I bought my lockstrip off the same guy from EBay last year. I checked tonight and he is all out now. It is great NOS stuff he had from the 80's too bad there is not more of it around. Although Year One does sell it as well.

Oh you're just saying that to make me feel good.
It still don't make a lick of sense to me!!!

If you need any help in locating parts let me know. I spent alot of time lerning and researching to help insurance company replace our 67 glass.

The way I see, you got 2 choices.
#1: Use 67 style, same old cleaned up gasket (takes me about 6 hours each to clean), chrome lockstrip from Stephens Mopar (If you find anywhere else let me know!) Bout $225 or so, 4 corner pieces $16.95 each x 4! You can really screw up lockstrip installing these if your not careful. I wouldn't even let the glass shop install those. I did them myself!! (We went with this meathod due to insurance job and I did not want to drill or weld on the car's window frame. You need to be precise when placing clips for proper clearance, up & down, for molding placement height, when your converting 67 to 68 & up style.)

#2: 68 & up style, new gasket (self locking zipper type), 1 set front glass reveil moldings. My buddie "Yard Dawg" has these in stock for $100.00 a set.
Approx 18 clips 1/2" tall.:read2: Can be had at NAPA.
I know this is an old thread, however, do you know where I can get a cleaned up 67 gasket? or still better to modify to 68 version?

Oh you're just saying that to make me feel good.
It still don't make a lick of sense to me!!!

If you need any help in locating parts let me know. I spent alot of time lerning and researching to help insurance company replace our 67 glass.

The way I see, you got 2 choices.
#1: Use 67 style, same old cleaned up gasket (takes me about 6 hours each to clean), chrome lockstrip from Stephens Mopar (If you find anywhere else let me know!) Bout $225 or so, 4 corner pieces $16.95 each x 4! You can really screw up lockstrip installing these if your not careful. I wouldn't even let the glass shop install those. I did them myself!! (We went with this meathod due to insurance job and I did not want to drill or weld on the car's window frame. You need to be precise when placing clips for proper clearance, up & down, for molding placement height, when your converting 67 to 68 & up style.)

#2: 68 & up style, new gasket (self locking zipper type), 1 set front glass reveil moldings. My buddie "Yard Dawg" has these in stock for $100.00 a set.
Approx 18 clips 1/2" tall.:read2: Can be had at NAPA.
Reading your post from past. I have same issue. 1967 dart 270 4 door sedan - going to convert to 68 - any leads on chrome moldings ? Yard dawg still in business?

thanks

Find a Steele rubber dealer near you. If you can't try Rob's Rod Shop in Downingtown PA.
My undersatanding is Steele was reproducing the '67 windshield weatherstrips.
They also make '68 type.
For the plastic lockstrips, might have to go to one of the big catalog stores like Year One or maybe Laysons. For the '68 St st - maybe used will be the only choice.

Find a Steele rubber dealer near you. If you can't try Rob's Rod Shop in Downingtown PA.
My undersatanding is Steele was reproducing the '67 windshield weatherstrips.
They also make '68 type.
For the plastic lockstrips, might have to go to one of the big catalog stores like Year One or maybe Laysons. For the '68 St st - maybe used will be the only choice.
Thanks

-
Back