67 Engine Mount Question

-

ColoMopar

Reaction score
I need help figuring out what motor mounts I'll need when I install my just finished 360 into my 67 Barracuda. I see 'plumbcrazyfreak' has a similar post but being new here I sure didn't want to jump right in and appear to hijack someone else's forum. Is it the mounts I'll need or the brackets or both? My car is a Formula S so it already has a 273 in it if that makes a difference. I had ordered a conversion kit from Summit but it turned out to be for a slant 6 car, it'll have to go back.

You can use your stock 273 mounts but you will need to make a spacer on the passenger side mount which is wider then the 340/360 mount.

I just used the 340-360 car mounts from 68-72 in my 68.

The metal brackets are what Im talking about. One is slightly different, I believe its the passenger side one that needs a spacer. The biscuits are the same also.

That sounds encouraging. I'm sure it will become obvious when I pull out the 273. I just didn't want to bring the engine hoist home twice, once to pull out the 273 then wait for parts and once to put the 360 in.

Yeah, 10 years before I was born. Could never figure out how it happened either, LOL

Here's a pic of the 360 all shined up and ready for action.:love7:

5277525-motor.jpg

-
Back