67 gas tank to a 68 69 one

-

davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My question is. Will a 68-69 gas tank fit in a 67? I know 67 have the single strap, but most of these aftermarket tanks have that strap in dented in the aftermarket tank. They are made to be universal. Is there anything else different on the 68-69 to the 67 tank
TGhanks

Yes, 68/69 with a single strap left to right indent will work just fine in a 67.

Not sure if real 68/69 tanks have an indent front to back for the dual straps????

My replacement tank for my 69 didn't line up with the indents, and they looked to narrow too. Tank was from Spectra.

My replacement tank for my 69 didn't line up with the indents, and they looked to narrow too. Tank was from Spectra.
68 and up do not use the indents. Just the 67 uses the indents in the tank for the strap that goes across the tank.

Not sure if real 68/69 tanks have an indent front to back for the dual straps????
Where the straps run.......
1675978832518.png

68 and up do not use the indents. Just the 67 uses the indents in the tank for the strap that goes across the tank.
I kind of figured it was a good thing not to as if they did they could rub a hole in the tank.

-
Back