67 GT trunk panel mounting

-

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
Does the GT panel on a 67 Dart, and the trim pieces, use the same holes for mounting? I don't have and haven't found any diagrams for mounting them on my car and would like to do it correctly.

i just finished mine a couple months ago. It seemed the holes didn’t line up when I did mine. I used self tapping screws on the aluminum trim (big piece) to hold it in place. I was then able to use threaded brackets to retain the thin trim over the edge of the inner piece and hide the screws. If that’s not the right way... it worked perfect for me.

My trunk lid didn’t have 67 holes as it came off a 69. I welded the ones in it and drilled my own using the inner acess locations as a template for the thinner trim.

Cheers

Does the GT panel on a 67 Dart, and the trim pieces, use the same holes for mounting? I don't have and haven't found any diagrams for mounting them on my car and would like to do it correctly.
Locumob no panel has 4 small self taper screws to hold it in place & the trim pieces run on different holes they have like a wave clip which is held in place via a speed nut from inside the lid easy access with 1/4 inch drive socket . Here's some pics of the lid which shows the hole locations from when I had the rear trim off. Note* small holes are for the panel , holes top and bottom is where the 4 trim pieces mount. Those 4 holes near the lock I don't know what went in there unless there was a badge in there at some point ???

IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

Locumob no panel has 4 small self taper screws to hold it in place & the trim pieces run on different holes they have like a wave clip which is held in place via a speed nut from inside the lid easy access with 1/4 inch drive socket . Here's some pics of the lid which shows the hole locations from when I had the rear trim off. Note* small holes are for the panel , holes top and bottom is where the 4 trim pieces mount. Those 4 holes near the lock I don't know what went in there unless there was a badge in there at some point ???

View attachment 1715102672

View attachment 1715102673

View attachment 1715102674

View attachment 1715102679

View attachment 1715102680

Nice Dart!!!...Paint code "T"?

View attachment 1715102672

View attachment 1715102673

View attachment 1715102674

View attachment 1715102679

View attachment 1715102680
That's what I've been looking for! Kinda hard to see where it mounts when the only examples are already on the car. Do you have a source for the clips for the trim pieces? I have a few of the wavy clips but not sure how many I need and would prefer new.

Those holes look like where the letters went, speeding out "DODGE". That what they are on my trunk.

IMG_20171022_115358.jpg

I didn’t have the trim holes in my lid either. I looked on the inside and the factory had the access holes already in place but I had to drill the holes on the exterior to match. I used a drill bit and a hole drill bit to make the holes nice and round. The clips I couldn’t find and made a set of my own. Not too hard to do just took some time. I posted awhile back pics of what I had done.

1AD9FE64-16B0-4500-B518-D3F054551B4C.jpeg

2DE5F333-8A98-4649-AFBC-39B01D5EC02F.jpeg

That's what I've been looking for! Kinda hard to see where it mounts when the only examples are already on the car. Do you have a source for the clips for the trim pieces? I have a few of the wavy clips but not sure how many I need and would prefer new.

Those holes look like where the letters went, speeding out "DODGE". That what they are on my trunk.

View attachment 1715102813
Clips I had to reuse , sand blast them and used a Rustolium zinc spray due to couldn't find a source who supplied them speed nuts purchased them from many vendors on ebay .Clips in total is 16 from memory

-
Back