'67 GTS w/exhaust tips???

-

65Val

Average Length Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...80510888956&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Seller says the chrome exhaust tips were correct for '67 GTS. I've always understood the tips never showed up 'til '68. He says Galen says they're correct.

Anyone know for sure?

!Bt3YdewEGk~$(KGrHqEH-CEEvQT2HuSGBL9)-JBP9!~~_12.jpg

Early Darts, and Barracudas had chrome tips, but they were different than 68 and up. They looked a little more square on the corners. You can google them and see the style.I think the ones on that 67 are wrong.
Oops, being a 383 car, maybe they are right?

Why do you even care? Why does it even matter?
Hey...what's with the attitude? I'm just asking the question! Do you have the correct answer? I'm not interested in opinions.
Are you bidding on the car?
Maybe I am. What business is it of yours?
Would you not buy the car because of the exhaust tips?
No, I just get tired of people advertizing cars as correct when they aren't, and spreading incorrect info.This car has more incorrect things as well, so having the tips is not the worst thing about it.(eg:no grille black-out paint,etc.,etc)
Do you think it may be worth less because of the exhaust tips?
Don't know...Can you see the final price when the auction ends? I can't.

I know fellow who bought one of these brand new, and he says the chrome tips were not available on the GTS, just baloney-cut turn-down tailpipes...possibly on the FS 383 Barracuda,though...not sure...you Barracuda guys would know 'bout that.

MtNemo..yes, i know about the early Commando single resonator w/tip...completely different animal.

The 67 did not have chrome tips. When I put on a stock 340 exhaust system from year one on my 67 last year I found that out. The 68 tips were a little short, because apparently, I was told a 67 dart is a few inches longer than the 68-69. There are repos to fit the 67 but they are longer and smaller in diameter. Check this Year One link it may help you: http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?input=1967+Dart+GTS&SM=1&SC=1

By the way that is a nice GTS you are looking at, good luck!

The 67 did not have chrome tips. When I put on a stock 340 exhaust system from year one on my 67 last year I found that out. The 68 tips were a little short, because apparently, I was told a 67 dart is a few inches longer than the 68-69. There are repos to fit the 67 but they are longer and smaller in diameter. Check this Year One link it may help you: http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?input=1967+Dart+GTS&SM=1&SC=1

By the way that is a nice GTS you are looking at, good luck!

Thanks...thats what I thought as well. The seller is one of those guys that thinks Galen walks on water.

Just for the record, I'm not bidding on it. Like I said up there^^^, I just get irked at people advertising cars they say are correct, and, are not, but won't listen to anyone else because "Lord Galen" says it's so.

Yes it is a nice car otherwise. Wonder if it'll meet reserve (whatever it its)?

I didn`t think the chrome tips showed up until `68 but anything`s possible. Perhaps some of the late 67 big block cars had them. ???

67 Barracuda with the 273 came with tail-pipe resonators, which is similar to what is on that GTS, except they were only chrome on the tip, see pic below.
Those GTS ones look like after market
67 383 Barracuda did not have the resonator and the tips turned down.
I imagine the same would have been true for the Dart.
The shiny full chrome ones may be correct for 68 and up, not sure, but they could also be just an aftermarket interpretation.

resonator.jpg

DSC03661.JPG

Yes it did, my bad, s/b resonator, not resonators.
The 273 4 barrel came with oversized exhaust and tail-pipe resonator.

I got my 67 GTS when it was 1.5 years old. It had the original exhaust system in it and it just had turn down tail pipes that were 1-7/8" dia. Still have it but now the tail pipes are 2.25" turn downs.

I got my 67 GTS when it was 1.5 years old. It had the original exhaust system in it and it just had turn down tail pipes that were 1-7/8" dia. Still have it but now the tail pipes are 2.25" turn downs.

This thread is 2 years old. Probably solved by now.

I also have a 67 gts. I have the IBM card and nothing is listed about chrome exhaust tips. When I restored my GTS I researched it and I think the car is suppossed to have turned down tail pipes with no tips. I don't think tips were available on 383 cars until 68 but if the car was a real late build 67 could be possible.

Carl

-
Back