67 headliner ...puzzled

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hey people. My 67 Dart now has the windshield out. I nticed teeth along the front underside. Does the front of the headliner attach in there as well as up under the drip rail above doors? I have found a few small pieces of what appears as fabric there.Sorry one more..The sides of the rear window..Sail portion...I think its called is there supposed to be a board of some sort there to..........And whats with the wire hanging out above the rear window? Of course all help is most greatfull..........Thanks Mr. no nothin................:homework:

i'd appreciate pics to see what this looks like/ what mine might look like,

is that the dome light wire?

Here are pics of what im woundering about??????????????

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 002.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 003.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 004.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 005.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 179
The headliner is stretched for/aft and pinched into the "V" cutouts on the top of the ft and rr glass area. The glass gaskets cover up the "V" cutouts. The headliner is glued to the pinch welds on the windlace area then is covered w/the metal windlace molding/trim.

There is a sail panel board affixed to the sail panel area. I guess it's for insulation as the headliner is not glued to it.

The wires you mention (I think) hook onto the rear-most headliner bow.

Yeah, the rear wires hold the last bow in place so you can pull the rest tight without them folding over on you. All those little V's grab the headliner and hold it in place.

X2 what he said,I have done 3 69 dart headliners,installation is the same for 67 68 69.Did you get your bows yet they all go in a certain way,you cant just put them any way.Also If it was me I would not install until its 70 outside and the car has been painted. In the past many years back I would leave my interior in tack than get pissed off that the painter would get over spray on things no matter how good he tape things off.Now I STRIP out everything.mine looks wrinkly just a test fit.I can never get them perfect at first but as time goes by it shrinks tight.

Attachments

• 100_1662.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 194
Also Ed you will need to remove the rear window black trim for installation you will see thoes tack strips there also .

Thanks everyone........Perfect info as usual........Snake......No bows yet. And no install until painted..i hear you there. Those were old pics. The rear window like you said has those teeth too! Found out the hard way......OUCH..blood. Thanks again.....I guess since your a Expert at these...I should call you...LOL...........Edd

Thanks everyone........Perfect info as usual........Snake......No bows yet. And no install until painted..i hear you there. Those were old pics. The rear window like you said has those teeth too! Found out the hard way......OUCH..blood. Thanks again.....I guess since your a Expert at these...I should call you...LOL...........Edd

No No No not an Expert but I would help ya out,do you have the roof rail trim.

I did mine in the garage and it wasn't 70 degrees either. More like 50. The car was gutted and painted. Once I got it hung in place, I threw the car cover over the top and placed a 500W halogen light pointing upward towards the liner. Got it nice n toasty w/less wrinkles when stretched in place. The heat in the summer months will take care of the rest of the small wrinkles.

-
Back